Terry Jones - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

36 minutes ago, aaid said:

Can't remember exactly who it was that had died but years back someone who wasn't universally popular had died and was getting a bit of a slagging on here and someone seriously suggested people should stop because one of their family might read it on here.

i don't think were even Scottish or had anything to do with football so the chances of any family being on here would be slim to say the least.

Thatcher 

I don't think it was Thatcher. I used Thatcher as the example of how folk could say anything about her but suddenly since someone else died it was in bad taste.

Humour is subjective, there is no right or wrong answer to what's funny.For me personally Monty Python was hit and miss and mostly miss.

I prefer Peter Cook and Dudley Moore, i never saw them at the time but having seen them recently i feel some of the stuff hasn't aged at all. The Pope lying in state stuff would be "edgy" now god knows how it was perceived back then.

There is something pristine about L&H. They are so funny even now and it is 100% clean. But also valueless through an age now, untouched by waves of PC revisionism. They really are remarkable.

Back when I used to come home from School BBC2 had a daily double bill of L&H and I think Harold Lloyd (was it?). Maybe another who I forget...

Charlie Chaplin is another unfunny fecker for me. Harold Lloyd any day but probably not judging them fairly.

Edited by thplinth

11 hours ago, thplinth said:

There is something pristine about L&H. They are so funny even now and it is 100% clean. But also valueless through an age now, untouched by waves of PC revisionism. They really are remarkable.

Back when I used to come home from School BBC2 had a daily double bill of L&H and I think Harold Lloyd (was it?). Maybe another who I forget...

Charlie Chaplin is another unfunny fecker for me. Harold Lloyd any day but probably not judging them fairly.

Couldn’t agree more regarding Charlie Chaplin