Your Stance with Steve Clarke? - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Your Stance with Steve Clarke?

Guest ElChris04

Your stance on Steve Clarke?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one :

• Sack him, nothing has changed,
    • Keep him, he’s not the problem
    • Undecided

2 minutes ago, WCTA said:

You think one single player would turn up to that? 😳

:(

Clarke needs to have a one-to-one with every single member of that squad and tell those that aren't 100% committed to GTF and stop wasting a jersey.  "Don't want to play on plastic? Right - fck off."... "Managing an injury but can still turn out for your club?  You can fck off as well."

4 minutes ago, andyD said:

Could we do something at the end of the season? A 5 day training camp or something just doing light stuff. Working on system, positions, transitions, set pieces. No heavy training, mostly theory on the pitch. Feels like it'd be of value to me.

In a perfect world aye, but can you imagine how those conversations between Clarke and the club managers (especially Gerrard and Lennon) would go if that was suggested?  Not a chance the clubs would be up for that.  I also seriously doubt many players would be keen to join up for that given they barely have any time off between the end of the season and the start of pre-season these days either.  There's an international break in June anyway so that also scuppers that idea 

4 minutes ago, kwhitelaw said:

In a perfect world aye, but can you imagine how those conversations between Clarke and the club managers (especially Gerrard and Lennon) would go if that was suggested?  Not a chance the clubs would be up for that.  I also seriously doubt many players would be keen to join up for that given they barely have any time off between the end of the season and the start of pre-season these days either.  There's an international break in June anyway so that also scuppers that idea 

How about if we don't qualify for finals the players have to go to a boot camp running at the same time as a punishment? Might see a bit more effort that way.

No, it's been a poor start.

A tough start with the two Russia/Belgium games back-to-back, and we didn't get anything from it. I'd even forgo points if we looked a lot better and were beaten by a last minute winner ; but in all four games were completely outclassed and the 2-1 Russia win at Hampden even flattered us if it wasn't for some luck and Marshall.

He should be given time, and we have a chance to at least get some momentum together in these last 3 games before the POs.

It won't make up for the last four games, but if we get a good win on Sunday, it'll certainly help us on a road to recovery/progress.

If we can't win or look the better side in Cyprus - I'd take 7pts out of 9 - then what's the point in Playoffs against the likes of Norway, Finland, Serbia, Bulgaria and so on..

4 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

How about if we don't qualify for finals the players have to go to a boot camp running at the same time as a punishment? Might see a bit more effort that way.

Aye why not?!  We can go one better and not even tell them it's happening!  We'll round them up by jumping them and putting a bag over their head SAS style!!  Bag comes off and their in an army training camp in the highlands with Clarke in full Gunnery Seargent Hartman mode.  Couldn't hurt could it?

4 minutes ago, kwhitelaw said:

Aye why not?!  We can go one better and not even tell them it's happening!  We'll round them up by jumping them and putting a bag over their head SAS style!!  Bag comes off and their in an army training camp in the highlands with Clarke in full Gunnery Seargent Hartman mode.  Couldn't hurt could it?

And why not indeed, if some of their club team mates have to go to work so should they. Make it part and parcel of being an International, soon find out who want's to play for us.

Guest ElChris04
57 minutes ago, WCTA said:

You think one single player would turn up to that? 😳

It’s a great idea, and say example I was a top Scottish player, I would 100% be committed and up for it, as I would see it as a chance to improve something we’re simply not good enough as a team at. Along with wanting to take my country to a major tourney and if it improves the team and how we work why not? Also a good way to see who’s fully committed to playing for Scotland and who isn’t. 

But unfortunately not all the players have the same passion or care for playing for there country the same way the fans like myself would have.

15 hours ago, Bino's said:

He should be resigning

Every result worse than the last

Complaints about coaching time

I don't think his hearts even in it anymore

If it wasn't for the play off, I think might just have decided to do that. Even with the play off to look forward to, I wouldn't be surprised if he decides to go before the play off if he doesn't get more commitment from the players in the next 3 games.