Starting 11 For Georgia. - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Starting 11 For Georgia.

JagDude

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is he? Heard he's been putting a few away, how good?

Watched the guy a lot for Derby, he's like a bigger more mobile skilful version of Boyd. Gets goals from everywhere and always seems to be in the right place. Big powerful presence too and only 25. Be in the EPL in no time.

Watched the guy a lot for Derby, he's like a bigger more mobile skilful version of Boyd. Gets goals from everywhere and always seems to be in the right place. Big powerful presence too and only 25. Be in the EPL in no time.

Would rather have Rhodes or McCormack in the squad than Martin tbh, rate them both more plus feel its a big crap both now dropped out squad for Martin just like that when Rhodes especially has bided his time and never really pulled out squads.

I liked Martin when he came on against Nigeria, held the ball up well and played others in.

On that note, you don't realise how fast Anya is until you see him up close, he is perfect for the more open games you get in international football.

I think Naismith will play in behind so it might be that Morrison gets shifted right, though I personally think Dorrans would do a better job there.

I would bet a fiver that this is how we will line up tomorrow, Bannan woudln't be my first pick before anyone starts on me but I think this is what WGS will go with.

David Marshall

Alan Hutton Grant Hanley Russell Martin Andrew Robertson

Scott Brown Darren Fletcher

Barry Bannan Steven Naismith Ikechi Anya

Steven Fletcher

I would bet a fiver that this is how we will line up tomorrow, Bannan woudln't be my first pick before anyone starts on me but I think this is what WGS will go with.

David Marshall

Steven Fletcher

Great minds think alike.

David Marshall

Steven Fletcher

On form, Berra deserves a chance, Morrison should be a certain starter, McArthur deserves a chance, Dorrans should probably start, and Gordon deserves a chance.

On top of that, it would be interesting to see what Bryson, and Gauld, and Martin, and May can do.

But, I agree with you, I think this is the team WGS will pick.

Looking at the players who will be on the bench, I wonder when we last had such good options to change a game with subs.

I agree it'll be the team above. He'll go with Bannan as one of our main tactics is Bannan's crossfield ball behind the defence for Anya to run onto. If Georgia's weakness is their full backs I'd expect Hutton and hopefully moreso Robertson will be doing overlaps and crossing it in all day... That points to having Fletcher and Naismith as they're both good positionally and in the air.

David Marshall

Steven Fletcher

This would be my team but with Morrison in for Darren Fletcher.

Don't agree with Davied14. Naismith played his best football Rangers when in behind Jelavic. I agree he can be effective from wide right but Bannan deserves to play after Germany, as does S. Fletcher.

Either way this team is just about as strong as we have got at the moment.

Come on!!!!!

Don't agree with Davied14. Naismith played his best football Rangers when in behind Jelavic. I agree he can be effective from wide right but Bannan deserves to play after Germany, as does S. Fletcher.

Come on!!!!!

Apart from Snodgrass who would start, and a functional Forrest, who would certainly make the squad.

Come on!!!!!

I thought he always looked better when Lafferty and Jelavic were up front together but we're drifting away from the topic.

Lets get stuck in about them tomorrow! :ok:

Apart from Snodgrass who would start, and a functional Forrest, who would certainly make the squad.

Can't say I rate Forest mate. Granted I don't watch him often but my Celtic supporting mates certainly don't rate him that highly and he has done little in a Scotland shirt to date. Strachan likes him though so he will make squads and I'll be delighted to see him prove me wrong.

A fully fit Snodgrass would be in there, no question. Out of interest who would you drop for him? Bannan would be the obvious choice but it then means shunting someone out wide. Morrison for me. Good to have these sort of headaches for a change.

I thought he always looked better when Lafferty and Jelavic were up front together but we're drifting away from the topic.

Lets get stuck in about them tomorrow! :ok:

haha aye fair one mate.

as you say lets get wired in :ok:

Can't say I rate Forest mate. Granted I don't watch him often but my Celtic supporting mates certainly don't rate him that highly and he has done little in a Scotland shirt to date. Strachan likes him though so he will make squads and I'll be delighted to see him prove me wrong.

A fully fit Snodgrass would be in there, no question. Out of interest who would you drop for him? Bannan would be the obvious choice but it then means shunting someone out wide. Morrison for me. Good to have these sort of headaches for a change.

haha aye fair one mate.

as you say lets get wired in :ok:[/quote

Probably Bannan but I rate him too. Prefer Snodgrass through the middle but I think Naismith will play there as it's his best position. We do have a lot of options and good players at the moment. I hope it can be converted to points. As you say, intae them!

Looks like May has made a big impression on WGS this week, just been bigging him up in the News Conference. Great option off the bench, Dorrans in for Bannan for me but much the same as above otherwise, think week in week out so far this season he's been very good for WBA by all accounts

Looks like May has made a big impression on WGS this week, just been bigging him up in the News Conference. Great option off the bench, Dorrans in for Bannan for me but much the same as above otherwise, think week in week out so far this season he's been very good for WBA by all accounts

Dorrans could be good for a home game. When he hits top form he's a match winner. Not as careful in possession as Bannan though.

haha aye fair one mate.

as you say lets get wired in :ok:[/quote

Probably Bannan but I rate him too. Prefer Snodgrass through the middle but I think Naismith will play there as it's his best position. We do have a lot of options and good players at the moment. I hope it can be converted to points. As you say, intae them!

I was amazed that he started Bannan in Germany as he really needs to get on the ball to be effective. He proved me wrong though. This is the sort of game that Bannan should relish. Definitely deserves his chance and like you say we have a good few options if it doesn't happen for him.

With Bannan out of favour for Palace perhaps this is his opportunity to show what he is malevolent on the big stage. Hopefully that will spur him on to put in a performance. I personally wouldn't start with him but in Gordon we trust.

Can never understand why Bannan's talent is not more appreciated.Ok he isn't the strongest or best defender in the team,but IMo he has the brains and great passing ability.His last game for Palace he took all the free kicks and corners.played really well,and hasn't played since. :wtf: Hope he's playing tomorrow and does the business.

Can never understand why Bannan's talent is not more appreciated.Ok he isn't the strongest or best defender in the team,but IMo he has the brains and great passing ability.His last game for Palace he took all the free kicks and corners.played really well,and hasn't played since. :wtf: Hope he's playing tomorrow and does the business.

Bannan is a cracking player but he needs to find a club that will play him most weeks.

I'd love to see him at Celtic.