The Livi Programme - Page 9 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Livi Programme

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So can anyone tell us why Airdirie are no longer Airdieonians and Gretna have also changed names? Is it only Rangers who can go out of business and still carry on using the same name and keeping the old club history?

So can anyone tell us why Airdirie are no longer Airdieonians and Gretna have also changed names? Is it only Rangers who can go out of business and still carry on using the same name and keeping the old club history?

That is because the company incorporated on date 27/05/1899 changed its name to RFC 2012 P.L.C.

Previous Names:
Date of change Previous Name
31/07/2012 THE RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB P.L.C.

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//compdetails

...done shortly after this came out.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/18509619

Edited by thplinth

Airdrie - because they bought Clydebank

Gretna - because no-one bought the club

and no, Leeds are also in the same boat :ok:

Interestingly old 1888 Rangers is not actually dead yet, still "in liquidation' meaning both entities are currently existing at the same time.

edit: I think it is correct that 1888 RFC had one of the oldest company numbers in Scotland

Company No. SC004276

making it the 4,276th company to be incorporated I think.

(2012 RFC is Company No. SC425159 in comparison. Little things like that are hard to replicate.)

Edited by thplinth

The wish amongst many is that Rangers died, and if a football team was simply a legal entity that may have been the case but a football team isn't simply a legal entity it's much wider than that.

in a way i agree larky, the name lives on and you follow the name. but the club is a new one.

Interestingly old 1888 Rangers is not actually dead yet, still "in liquidation' meaning both entities are currently existing at the same time.

edit: I think it is correct that 1888 RFC had one of the oldest company numbers in Scotland

Company No. SC004276

making it the 4,276th company to be incorporated I think.

(2012 RFC is Company No. SC425159 in comparison. Little things like that are hard to replicate.)

Therefore haven't died, and can't die. Only the old company can be liquidated.

Case closed

in a way i agree larky, the name lives on and you follow the name. but the club is a new one.

Aye, they play at Ibrox, in a blue strip, and call themselves rangers. They've got the same fans, but it's a new club.

That is because the company incorporated on date 27/05/1899 changed its name to RFC 2012 P.L.C.

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//compdetails

...done shortly after this came out.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/18509619

Forgot to add, funny choice to put 2012 into the name of an entity incorporated in 1899. Bit of deliberate misdirection there I suspect.

And when it does get finally put to the sword by BDO they can say "but it was RFC 2012 PLC" that was liquidated, nothing to see here, move along...

Also I am sure many people on here alone will own a Scottish Company with a registration number older than the (real) RFC 2012's.

Edited by thplinth

People seem to be missing the point of the Livi program. It was done to cause trouble. We all know the type of knuckledraggers that exist amongst the Rangers away support. What did the idiot who wrote this think would happen?

He got his sad wee jollies writing guff and other folk like the Police and decent fans have to deal with the trouble he caused.

Totally irresponsible and quite frankly the chairman of Livi is letting his own fans down if he doesn't get rid of the clown.

What will he write about Celtic if they come visiting? Or Hearts?

Forgot to add, funny choice to put 2012 into the name of an entity incorporated in 1899. Bit of deliberate misdirection there I suspect.

And when it does get finally put to the sword by BDO they can say "but it was RFC 2012 PLC" that was liquidated, nothing to see here, move along...

Also I am sure many people on here alone will own a Scottish Company with a registration number older than the (real) RFC 2012's.

Yep.

Finally Scotty your The The Rangers joke is defective.

Firstly when companies house look to see if the name has already been taken they ignore words like 'The'. So you could write ten The's on there and it would still be read as Rangers Football Club Ltd. Secondly modifying the original name (The Rangers FC) was not how they did it - 1899 RFC changed its name freeing up the old name and then 2012 RFC changed its name to take it, a switcheroo.

Defective.

Edited by thplinth

Is it a club or a company? I can never remember the official party line.

whatever works for the correct explanation. flex either way as long as we get what we want. history and titles - same club. debt and all the bad stuff, club (or company) is deid.