Unionist C***s Embarrass Scotland - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Unionist C***s Embarrass Scotland

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was no better together campaign worth a toss, there was a media campaign and Tory millions. Take away either and there would have been a substantial win for yes. Next time, and there will be a next time, the yes campaign will be starting with more activists and votes from day one - and will win.

By letting people experience the consequences of the No. Stop shielding people who despise us, stop mollycoddling people who will never ever change no matter what clever argument you make. Stop throwing good money after bad Flure.

edit: we just got shafted and you want us to keep being nice. No.

double edit; sorry I am venting that at you. Just sick of us having to live to this lofty standard when they are breaking every rule in the book.

This

By letting people experience the consequences of the No. Stop shielding people who despise us, stop mollycoddling people who will never ever change no matter what clever argument you make. Stop throwing good money after bad Flure.

edit: we just got shafted and you want us to keep being nice. No.

double edit; sorry I am venting that at you. Just sick of us having to live to this lofty standard when they are breaking every rule in the book.

I would even suggest that the Yes campaign disadvantaged itself by trying to stick solely to a 'positive message', until the last few weeks of the campaign.

It was noticeable that support for independence in the polls increased after the Yes campaign went after the Unionist parties on their privitisation of the NHS and their inability to detail extra powers.

A 100% positive message was necessary and creditable, but the fact is that the Yes campaign was on the back foot almost from the start because of deliberately trying to play it 'nicey nicey'.....we allowed the No campaign to take the initiative, and we rarely stopped that throughout the campaign until the last minute, where eventually the Yes side found its teeth.

Nicey, nicey didn't work. The Unionists lied, and scaremongered, and used every manipulation they could. And they won.

Next time, the Yes campaign will surely attack things differently.

I would even suggest that the Yes campaign disadvantaged itself by trying to stick solely to a 'positive message', until the last few weeks of the campaign.

It was noticeable that support for independence in the polls increased after the Yes campaign went after the Unionist parties on their privitisation of the NHS and their inability to detail extra powers.

A 100% positive message was necessary and creditable, but the fact is that the Yes campaign was on the back foot almost from the start because of deliberately trying to play it 'nicey nicey'.....we allowed the No campaign to take the initiative, and we rarely stopped that throughout the campaign until the last minute, where eventually the Yes side found its teeth.

Nicey, nicey didn't work. The Unionists lied, and scaremongered, and used every manipulation they could. And they won.

We saw how it worked. Any bad behavior from No was ignored while the tiniest infraction from Yes was magnified as much as possible. We have to be perfect while they get an unlimited free pass from the propaganda outlets.

Well the referendum is over and there ain't no way they are putting Humpty together again after that pile of shyte. The behaviour of the No campaign has destroyed any chance of unity going forward.

Even after this incessant 'nicey niceyness' the media STILL made the old and gullible believe that YES was the nasty bullying campaign.

I hope you're not turning all "Harold Shipman" on us.

Never entered my mind -_- I was thinking more along the lines of a unionist pool party with an electric fire.

Edited by peever1745

We saw how it worked. Any bad behavior from No was ignored while the tiniest infraction from Yes was magnified as much as possible. We have to be perfect while they get an unlimited free pass from the propaganda outlets.

Well the referendum is over and there ain't no way they are putting Humpty together again after that pile of shyte. The behaviour of the No campaign has destroyed any chance of unity going forward.

in a nutshell!

I think you will find I have campaigned for independence a bloody lot longer and done a bloody lot more than most 90 min patriots on here and will continue doing so until we get a yes vote.