Phone Died - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

My piece of pish samsung galaxy died today. Carphone warehouse are useless

pr¥cks. I've managed to put the sim in an old BlackBerry phone (how in hell did people work those things?) but none of my numbers have appeared. I think I have cloud thingy as when I buy cds on Amazon they pop up on my phone, does that store numbers. My contract runs out in December, do they have to fix my phone as it's still in contract? I'm fecked as it has all my clients numbers and not written them down anywhere else.

If you`ve got a google account it usually saves all your contacts.

I've been told this on O2 but they manage to make me feel thicker than I ever thought possible. Is that the gmail account I have? All it does is send me emails, I've never seen anything else on it. I only opened it to send pictures from my phone, I use a hotmail a/c for everyday use.

Thinking about it I think I had a google account on my phone but it's dead, how would I find out?

Edited by G-Man

Tricky one… minute's silence or minute's applause?

:angry: Ya big bisum!

:wink2: But thank you for making me laugh.

I'm so pathetic I've been greeting over this. I've never bothered about my lack of technological know how but losing all my work numbers has been a nightmare, can't even think of all my photos and videos that have gone as I'll probably dissolve. Embarrassing when I realise extent of my problems in comparison with half the world but some things just make us awffy selfish! Hell mend me for not listening and learning. I stupidly thought this cloud thing was some sort of magic thing that grabbed things from mid air that were important to me!

I'm no techy, but I believe that most things can be recovered.

I'm sure at some point Flure or EK or Tam4 will be along to tell you that I have a special chair in the 'idiot with modern life' class. :Tumbleweed-2: If it's even minutely remote, I'll have lost it all!!

P.S off to sleep now but I hope all is well with you and yours. X

My piece of pish samsung galaxy died today. Carphone warehouse are useless

pr¥cks. I've managed to put the sim in an old BlackBerry phone (how in hell did people work those things?) but none of my numbers have appeared. I think I have cloud thingy as when I buy cds on Amazon they pop up on my phone, does that store numbers. My contract runs out in December, do they have to fix my phone as it's still in contract? I'm fecked as it has all my clients numbers and not written them down anywhere else.

Will the phone switch on? If it will and you just can't see the screen, plug it in using your usb cable to a computer, open up the phone file and drag the numbers over. That's what I had to do. It's a pain in the backside, but I didn't lose anything. Then, back the blackberry up to your desktop so that you don't do it again.

Failing that, go into the shop, look pathetic, usually someone will help you - even if it's just to make themselves feel superior.

Definitely go into the shop.

You might have saved numbers on the SIM card itself, get the bods in the shop to check.

Doubt you are covered for a new phone, but you can get simple smartphones for quite cheap these days.

If you get another Android phone you can link that back up to your google account, and it should sync all your email addresses/numbers stored in Contacts.

Your numbers are possibly on the memory card on the phone-I'm sure that is Samsung default settings. If you can get another phone or PC that can read it then try taking the memory card out and putting it into another device. Failing that if you can find another Android phone (Samsungs, HTCs etc.) then switching over your SIM and memory card should get your Google account info and transfer all the data.

The phone is totally dead so can't get anything that way Betty. I did go into carphone warehouse last night but kind of blew the looking pathetic bit when I asked if they shared a brain cell amongst all the workers and if it wasn't the turn that day of the guy who was serving me.

I've discovered today that when I put numbers into my phone I shouldn't press 'save to phone' but 'save to sim'. I saved to phone as it looked neater, oh and also because I'm a fud.

I have no idea what a memory card is, I can't remember putting one in, is it already in the phone?

I went onto cloud last night when I left this board and just ended up greeting again, why is nothing put simply?

My google a/c which I think is my gmail account only has email addresses which are on my computer anyway.

Do they need to fix it for me if I'm still under contract, which I am until December? It's been a piece of crap since day 1 but kept losing the head in the phone shop whenever I went back with it. My default setting is ignorant rudeness when i'm spoken to like an imbecile, as I was in phone shop. I know I'm one, you lot know I'm one but I'll be fecked if some tattooed f*ckwit is allowed to treat me like one.

Haw Flo, nice to see you're still here and not off to Italy. Although doesn't look too safe for you there now. But all niceness aside, away and start your own imbecilic thread!

;)

Mario, I'm setting the dugs on you and Mark will allow it! :shocked:

Edited by G-Man

The phone is totally dead so can't get anything that way Betty. I did go into carphone warehouse last night but kind of blew the looking pathetic bit when I asked if they shared a brain cell amongst all the workers and if it wasn't the turn that day of the guy who was serving me.

I've discovered today that when I put numbers into my phone I shouldn't press 'save to phone' but 'save to sim'. I saved to phone as it looked neater, oh and also because I'm a fud.

I have no idea what a memory card is, I can't remember putting one in, is it already in the phone?

I went onto cloud last night when I left this board and just ended up greeting again, why is nothing put simply?

My google a/c which I think is my gmail account only has email addresses which are on my computer anyway.

Do they need to fix it for me if I'm still under contract, which I am until December? It's been a piece of crap since day 1 but kept losing the head in the phone shop whenever I went back with it. My default setting is ignorant rudeness when i'm spoken to like an imbecile, as I was in phone shop. I know I'm one, you lot know I'm one but I'll be fecked if some tattooed f*ckwit is allowed to treat me like one.

Haw Flo, nice to see you're still here and not off to Italy. Although doesn't look too safe for you there now. But all niceness aside, away and start your own imbecilic thread!

;)

If your contract is with O2, nip into the nearest shop. They've all got tech advisers, even if you aren't with O2 - the shop in Greenock will help anyone who looks helpless. I'd imagine they all take the same approach. Don't feel daft, we've all had disasters with our mobiles. Usually there's a fix.

I'm going to ask - have you tried switching it on? The only reason I ask is my Mum thought hers was deid, we bought her a new one and my brother came in (while I was coming back from the Vodafone shop with the new phone) to tell me that - aye she'd charged it, but it had run so low on battery that Mum hadn't realised she had to power it back up. Silly mistake £70 quid lighter - new phone, she felt a bit daft, but nobody died..... :blink::oops:

;)

Sorry,but :lol: :lol:

I read that part about the brain cells twice.

Brilliant :lol: