Never Mind Recalling Parliiment - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Never Mind Recalling Parliiment

I don't normally support intervention but I do on this occasion. My only concern is what is the end game. This is a sectarian war and we are being drawn into it.The SNP will probably back this motion.

With Angus MacNeil retweeting this, I don't think the SNP will be backing this motion:

Gerry Hassan @GerryHassan · 3h

How many times has UK attacked #Iraq? 1916, 1941 & 2003 invasions & 1998 air strikes. #Iraqobsession

What a total mess the West have made of this region. We arm Iraq to fight the Iranians, then we fight Iraq. We arm the rebels in Syria to fight the Syrian government, then we fight the rebels. The only people who profit are the arms manufacturers and Israel

What a total mess the West have made of this region. We arm Iraq to fight the Iranians, then we fight Iraq. We arm the rebels in Syria to fight the Syrian government, then we fight the rebels. The only people who profit are the arms manufacturers and Israel

and you are sure the west have made a mess of it? maybe its exactly as they want it to be.

and you are sure the west have made a mess of it? maybe its exactly as they want it to be.

Good point. It gives them a playground to test all their weapons and ensures Israel can carry on doing what it wants with the knowledge that no Middle-East state will be allowed to become stable

This is Muslim against muslim so wtf has it got to do with us? Lets remember they are going to drop bombs from 1000's of feet in the air,inocent civilians will suffer at our hands yet again.:Let the Arab world sort out their own mess for a change.

apart from Iran, Jordan, Saudi, UAE, Oman,Qatar. Bahrain.

I have been to all of these states apart from Iran and Jordan but can say the same as the others,they are all stable due to hard line secret police to keep the people quiet.

I don't see action against IS as being "attacking Iraq". These nutters are going about executing innocent people, even innocent muslims. I was against the Iraq war, but for this threat I support the idea of going and helping to destroy IS. it is a humanitatian issue, not a political one.

I would add that had there not been an Iraq war, this situation would not have arisen. I actually have some sympathy for Cameron on this issue as he has been left a poisoned chalice by Blair.

I also believe that UN approval should be sought, but in the meantime there are lives to be saved by destroying IS. There are 50 countries involved, including, crucially, some Arab countries. This is nOT another dodgy invasion like the Iraq war. In my view the SNP MPs should offer support, possibly qualified if they feel that it is dangerous to give Cameron a blank cheque on this matter, and I would hope that in an indy Scotland (which will happen in time) we would take part in an international effort in such circumstances.

We didnt intervene in South Sudan, but then they don't have oil. The neighbouring arab states will have to get involved.....they don't want to because most of them fear the same thing happening with their countries.

Think you will find Sudan is the second largest producer outside OPEC countries....South Sudan has the greater share of Sudans oil 85%.http://www.eia.gov/countries/cab.cfm?fips=su

Edited by Hairy Pete

demonising of Islamic State?

Where did I mention Islamic state? The media and Westminster tar everyone with the same brush to create fear. Most people would be hard pressed to tell the difference between asylum seekers, refugees, legal immigrants and illegal immigrants. If you're not smart enough to understand that, it's hardly my problem, but don't play the Daily Maily fukwit with me

I don't see action against IS as being "attacking Iraq". These nutters are going about executing innocent people, even innocent muslims. I was against the Iraq war, but for this threat I support the idea of going and helping to destroy IS. it is a humanitatian issue, not a political one.

I would add that had there not been an Iraq war, this situation would not have arisen. I actually have some sympathy for Cameron on this issue as he has been left a poisoned chalice by Blair.

I also believe that UN approval should be sought, but in the meantime there are lives to be saved by destroying IS. There are 50 countries involved, including, crucially, some Arab countries. This is nOT another dodgy invasion like the Iraq war. In my view the SNP MPs should offer support, possibly qualified if they feel that it is dangerous to give Cameron a blank cheque on this matter, and I would hope that in an indy Scotland (which will happen in time) we would take part in an international effort in such circumstances.

He did vote for the war.

In his defence, he later supported the SNP/Plaid Cymru motion for a full investigation into the circumstances and buildup to the war (dodgy dossier etc).

This is Muslim against muslim so wtf has it got to do with us? Lets remember they are going to drop bombs from 1000's of feet in the air,inocent civilians will suffer at our hands yet again.:Let the Arab world sort out their own mess for a change.

Muslim against Muslim, you might be right,

Abu quatada released in Jordan yesterday, that bastar. D anjem choudary arrested the day, I wonder I'd quatada grassed him up