National Anthem - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

National Anthem

we should pressure the SFA to play without an anthem or maybe we should do a Spain and let the song remain without words until we do rise again until then its just a parody

Done to death in another thread. Fair to say opinion's split but as we're picking ourselves up I think by the time we get to Ibrox we'll be lifting the lid off unionist central.

Done to death in another thread. Fair to say opinion's split but as we're picking ourselves up I think by the time we get to Ibrox we'll be lifting the lid off unionist central.

Hell yes let the feckers know we are in their back yard so to speak....

Anyone who voted yes can sing it with pride.

I must admit I'm scunnered with that one. If we take the moral high ground and criticise No's who sing FoS we risk alienating anyone who may switch. On the other hand there is a part of me also says 'f*ck 'em, what right have they got'. I'm seriously struggling with it.

I must admit I'm scunnered with that one. If we take the moral high ground and criticise No's who sing FoS we risk alienating anyone who may switch. On the other hand there is a part of me also says 'f*ck 'em, what right have they got'. I'm seriously struggling with it.

Stevie we are all flowers of Scotland it's just that some of these flowers need to find they are that and no mushrooms.. (kept in the dark and fed bullshit) :ok:

Anyone who voted yes can sing it with pride.

Anyone who voted No can sing it too of course but I cannot imagine what they will feel. So I think the yessers will belt it out, and it will come naturally to them. The Nossers well that is going to be a little bit unpleasant I would think.

The fact is we sang it decade after decade when the support for independence was far lower than 45%. We sing FOS despite the bad times not because of the good times.

They all want us to cower and disband.

Well like the SNP membership clearly the answer is to sing it louder than ever.

The fact is we sang it decade after decade when the support for independence was far lower than 45%. We sing FOS despite the bad times not because of the good times.

They all want us to cower and disband.

Well like the SNP membership clearly the answer is to sing it louder than ever.

This is becoming a habit I'm really not used to but... :ok::wink2: Edited by redstevie007

I'm softening on this a bit. Initially I didn't Think I would even bother to watch the national side again but that feeling is getting less and less. Not sure about FoS though. If people want to sing it fine. I no longer think its appropriate though and won't sing it.

What we should do is take along our Yes saltires and display them prominently during FoS. The No lot should probably just sit down and not embarrass themselves. Let's see if 55% of the crowd remain seated.

Those of us who support independence still believe we can rise and be a nation again (the song actually says THE nation anyway) so why not belt it out? This is not over. We are going to be independent sooner than a lot of you think. Already No voters are regretting chickening out and believing the media propaganda about devomax. That will become a torrent of defection to Yes if and when the "vow" disintegrates completely. The demand for a re-run will come from No voters in the end - a lot of them are going to be very, very angry.