Tommy Gemmell - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

8 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

What nationality is Stevie Chalmers again?

Sorry, excuse my Ignorance...  What did he do? 

Did any Scots score in 68 when Man U won? 

6 minutes ago, stocky said:

Sorry, excuse my Ignorance...  What did he do? 

Did any Scots score in 68 when Man U won? 

He scored the other goal for Celtic in 1967.  Man Utd's scorers in 1968 were Best, Charlton & Kidd. Pat Crerand played but Denis Law was injured and missed the final. 

2 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Scored the winning goal when Celtic became the first British club to win the European cup.

Thanx.   I always think Celtic do a disservice to themselves by saying the 1st British Club, i realise they are winding up the English, but only Spain , Portugal and Italy had won before, Celtic were the first club from outside the Mediterranean to win... the first Northern European Team, they opened the window, Mediterranean teams would take another 20 years before they won it again....

5 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

No. Charlton (2), Best and Kidd. 

Denis was watching from his hospital bed...

any idea who has scored the most goals in a EC final/s....  person not team?

1 minute ago, stocky said:

Thanx.   I always think Celtic do a disservice to themselves by saying the 1st British Club, i realise they are winding up the English, but only Spain , Portugal and Italy had won before, Celtic were the first club from outside the Mediterranean to win... the first Northern European Team, they opened the window, Mediterranean teams would take another 20 years before they won it again....

With the exception of Ac Milan in 1969. Pretty sure they were holders when Celtic had the chance to win it again in the 1970 final, which was at the San Siro.

4 minutes ago, stocky said:

any idea who has scored the most goals in a EC final/s....  person not team?

Didn't Puskas scored a hattrick twice? Good chance it could be him.

Edited. Partly correct

Most goals in European Cup finals: 7 – Alfrédo Di Stéfano, Ferenc Puskás (both Real Madrid)
Goals in most European Cup finals: 5 – Alfrédo Di Stefano (Real Madrid, 1956, 1957, 1958. 1959, 1960)

Edited by Reevesy

2 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Didn't Puskas scored a hattrick twice? Good chance it could be him.

Edited. Partly correct

Most goals in European Cup finals: 7 – Alfrédo Di Stéfano, Ferenc Puskás (both Real Madrid)
Goals in most European Cup finals: 5 – Alfrédo Di Stefano (Real Madrid, 1956, 1957, 1958. 1959, 1960)

How many have Ronaldo/Messi got.....  ?  close?

Just now, stocky said:

How many have Ronaldo/Messi got.....  ?  close?

Not sure about Messi but I think Ronaldo has scored in two, one for Man United v Chelsea and the other for Madrid when they beat Athletico 4-1.

54 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Arf arf.

The only team in scotland he played against that he never scored?

I seem to remember that fact about Saints' Roddy Grant. I'm sorry to even begin to compare the two. :oops: