Cancelling The Bbc Tv Tax - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Cancelling The Bbc Tv Tax

If you feel strongly enough about ongoing bias and/or incompetence at BBC news output, the Wings website has posted an article, prompted by the George Squaregate scandal, where the BBC reported a scenario of rival groups involved in disorder, as opposed to the truth. They basically attributed half of the blame to Yes vote campaigners, as opposed to condemning the Rangers/Orange mobs who rampaged through Glasgow city centre battering people.

The Wings article advises on how to cancel your licence fee, and what you are then legally permitted to watch, or not.

Could someone with the savvy please provide a link ?

basically they have the power to enter your house ... but still cancelled it all the same

They can't enter your house without permission, unless accompanied by a polis with a warrant and you're under no obligation to answer any questions. Stick to the line that you only watch catch up an no-one can prove otherwise.

I've read the article but just want some clarification. I will now only ever watch BBC on iplayer (I have a Humaxx box and it's really only Doctor Who I'll watch.) from now on but can I watch every other channel, STV, C5, C4, ITV3, etc without a valid TV licence or do I need to buy one of those wee boxes, NOWTV , and remove my aerial? I have a digital radio and listen mainly to that as where I live I have a 100 foot tree out back that disrupts TV signal when it's in full leaf, heavy rain, high winds or if a squirrel annoys it. (or so it seems)

Thank you.

I've read the article but just want some clarification. I will now only ever watch BBC on iplayer (I have a Humaxx box and it's really only Doctor Who I'll watch.) from now on but can I watch every other channel, STV, C5, C4, ITV3, etc without a valid TV licence or do I need to buy one of those wee boxes, NOWTV , and remove my aerial? I have a digital radio and listen mainly to that as where I live I have a 100 foot tree out back that disrupts TV signal when it's in full leaf, heavy rain, high winds or if a squirrel annoys it. (or so it seems)

Thank you.

You can't legally watch live BBC on any device without a licence. In other words if you watch Eastenders at 7.30 when it goes out without a licence you're breaking the law ( :barf: ). Watch it at half eight on catch-up and you're not.

I didn't have a licence for a while and after a few months the Capta goons started turning up at my door at least once every couple of weeks.

If you choose not to have a licence make sure everyone in your household who might answer the door knows how to deal with them.

They can't enter your house without permission, unless accompanied by a polis with a warrant and you're under no obligation to answer any questions. Stick to the line that you only watch catch up an no-one can prove otherwise.

Yes, but if your TV is visible from a ground floor window this is a very bad idea.

If they catch someone watching TV without a licence they prosecute them, and if found guilty they end up with a criminal record.

I didn't have a licence for a while and after a few months the Capta goons started turning up at my door at least once every couple of weeks.

If you choose not to have a licence make sure everyone in your household who might answer the door knows how to deal with them.

Yes, but if your TV is visible from a ground floor window this is a very bad idea.

If they catch someone watching TV without a licence they prosecute them, and if found guilty they end up with a criminal record.

This is where I would become stuck. As you walk up my drive you can easily see my tv on the wall through the sitting room window.

Can you claim it is on demand your watching though ifthey see you?

Also same question as before is live tv counting every channel or just bbc ones. I could probably handle just watching on demand and i players, most of the time

This is where I would become stuck. As you walk up my drive you can easily see my tv on the wall through the sitting room window.

Can you claim it is on demand your watching though ifthey see you?

Also same question as before is live tv counting every channel or just bbc ones. I could probably handle just watching on demand and i players, most of the time

The licence fee is solely for BBC, as fuckin sickening as that is.

This is my question too. I'll happily never watch BBC programmes as they are being broadcast but can I watch non BBC channels as they are being broadcast, for example The Chase at 6pm?

This is my question too. I'll happily never watch BBC programmes as they are being broadcast but can I watch non BBC channels as they are being broadcast, for example The Chase at 6pm?

It's all here G-Man

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one/topics/technology--devices-and-online-top8?WT.ac=home_plt_technology

Buggar, I've just filled in the 'I don't need a licence' form but that says I need it to watch any live TV. But surely if all the other channels have adverts and get hee haw from the proceeds of licence fees then they must be exempt? I didn't have a licence for years but then let a more law abiding person talk me into it. Don't know who's the bigger bampot, me for doing it or them for insisting I needed it.