Labour Party Are Dead In Glasgow - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Labour Party Are Dead In Glasgow

Lamont/Pollok figures: Yes 26,807. No, 22,956. Ian Davidson's Westminster seat too.

Shettleston, seat of Shadow Secretary of State for Scotland Margaret Curran, won by Yes by about 1200 votes

South side Glasgow, Nicola Sturgeon & Anas Sarwar's constituency, won by Yes by 3500 votes

Provan , seat of the dynasty of former House of Commons speaker Michael Martin & son Paul Yes win by over 6000 votes

Glasgow Cathcart, Westminster seat of former Scottish Labour leadership hopeful Tom Harris Yes win by around 3000 votes

Anniesland, a tight win for the SNP in 2011 & seat of John Robertson the closest for Yes but won by over 800.

I can feel a strong desire to kick this lot out the city at the next election.The people feel let down by a party who last night celebrated by drinking champagne at a 5 star hotel in the city with the worst poverty in Scotland.

I'm so fuckin in

I can feel a strong desire to kick this lot out the city at the next election.The people feel let down by a party who last night celebrated by drinking champagne at a 5 star hotel in the city with the worst poverty in Scotland.

Aye but will they get out and vote them out?

Edited by exile

Lamont/Pollok figures: Yes 26,807. No, 22,956. Ian Davidson's Westminster seat too.

Shettleston, seat of Shadow Secretary of State for Scotland Margaret Curran, won by Yes by about 1200 votes

South side Glasgow, Nicola Sturgeon & Anas Sarwar's constituency, won by Yes by 3500 votes

Provan , seat of the dynasty of former House of Commons speaker Michael Martin & son Paul Yes win by over 6000 votes

Glasgow Cathcart, Westminster seat of former Scottish Labour leadership hopeful Tom Harris Yes win by around 3000 votes

Anniesland, a tight win for the SNP in 2011 & seat of John Robertson the closest for Yes but won by over 800.

I'm so fuckin in

We need to keep the momentum up until May. George Square at lunchtime today gave me a wee bit of hope.

So let's get this straight. Last week we saw Gordon Brown and the UK Labour Party save David Cameron's bacon, and we also the highland tuechters and wealthy Edinburgh folk save the top brass of Scottish Labour from defeat!?

This country is fvcked.

So let's get this straight. Last week we saw Gordon Brown and the UK Labour Party save David Cameron's bacon, and we also the highland tuechters and wealthy Edinburgh folk save the top brass of Scottish Labour from defeat!?

This country is fvcked.

Folk in Edinburgh would rather be ruled by Westminster than from a building in their city