World Pipe Band Championships - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

World Pipe Band Championships

Had an absolutely fantastic day at Glasgow Green yesterday.  Weather was iffy but it didn't matter a jot as my son's band became grade 4b champions and Champion of Champions. Made even better as my nephew also plays in the band. 

Proud doesn't even touch it. Stood in a field greetin like a baby. ? 

Oh and the Grade 2 band won their Championship too to stick a cherry on the top.

C'mon the Johnstone Pipe Band! 

2 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

You must be well chuffed.

My friend plays in the (Australian) Perth Metro pipe band and they won grade 3b. I'm chuffed for him.

I had friends in a 3b band but after our announcement I missed everything else until our Grade 2 won. I had to check the Rspba site to see who won Grade 1! ? 

Very impressive for an Aussie band to win. Seems to be an unusual occurrence, certainly since I've been paying proper attention. 

23 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Well done RB. You must be proud as punch. :ok:

I've never been so nervous in my life. The relief and joy were in equal measure. 

Utterly shattered and as much use as a chocolate fireguard today though.