NFL Thread 2016/17 - Page 5 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

NFL Thread 2016/17

The Giant

14 hours ago, Parklife said:

I don't think you can overlook how comfortably Dallas are brushing teams aside. Baltimore came to Dallas with the best rushing D in the NFL. Dak Prescott beat them with his arm. 

I've not watched NFL for as long as some of you guys (only about 15 years) but in that time, i cannot remember as impressive rookies as Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliot. For Prescott to go to Dallas (and all the circus that comes with that) perform so well, keep out the fit-again veteran star QB and cope with the media pressure that comes with that so well - probably his best performance of the season last night - is so impressive. 

Big things are happening in Big D. Possibly even an NFC Championship game with Seattle come January. 

Been a Cowboys fan since the 80's and this team looks better than the squad that one that won two superbowls back to back in the early 90's.  

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Hmmm - Redskins +7.5 on the spread

Very tempting

Very tempting indeed

Happy Thanksgiving

I think it'll be a tight game. I expect Dallas to win (i can't see how Washington shut down Elliot tbh) but possibly not cover that spread. 

Looking forward to the two games i'll watch tonight (no chance i'll be staying up for the late game), both should be good, competitive match ups. 

Cousins has been playing well for the Redskins and they do have some good attacking options in Kelley and Crowder (the latter doing well for me in my fantasy team).  Not a bad bet Ally, cant bring myself to bet on the Redskins against my Cowboys though!

Have to agree

It's the first time in a while there has been a really really really mouthwatering Thanksgiving game with Dallas v Washington - both teams playing really well and having lots to play for

Lets hope it's a corker

Finishing work soon, off for thanksgiving day dinner and drinks with mates to watch NFL with mates from my fantasy league involved, 7 years running being doing it, off the morra so all 3 games will be getting watched, fancy Lions, Cowboys to win tights games and think the steelers will win comfortably against Colts, missing Luck and playing Tolzien who use to be with the packers, the guy is utter rotten expect a lot of interceptions from steelers defense and maybe the steelers defense / special team to score a TD be a good bet.

2 hours ago, The Giant said:

The sheer size of the bet that you lumped on must have moved the line...

Im not allowed to access bettting sites at work so when i got home and seen it had changed so did i

Cowboys 10/11 (-5.5) , Sparta Praha 14/5 & AZ Alkmaar 6/5

#nervous

5 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Dick

Ouch. 1 point away. Unlucky, Ally. 

That's another impressive win for the Cowboys IMO. Facing a hot team with an explosive offence, they again control the clock and the game and get the job done. In truth, despite the close scoreline, i felt the Cowboys always had the Redskins at arm's length. 

Prescott was again mightily impressive. His box stats might not look astounding but he made some critical throws at important times and consistently evaded the rush of the Redskins. He looks so mature. 

As for Elliott, if he doesn't win MVP then something has gone very wrong with the voters. 

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

As for Elliott, if he doesn't win MVP then something has gone very wrong with the voters. 

I would vote for him at the moment too. There are a few weeks to go though. And it seems like there is an inbuilt bias towards quarterbacks, so Wilson and Brady might feature. It depends whether the voters downgrade him.a bit because they think that any good running back would flourish behind the best O-line in the league.

26 minutes ago, The Giant said:

I would vote for him at the moment too. There are a few weeks to go though. And it seems like there is an inbuilt bias towards quarterbacks, so Wilson and Brady might feature. It depends whether the voters downgrade him.a bit because they think that any good running back would flourish behind the best O-line in the league.

His ability to burst through tackles and also in the open field as a reciever is also very accomplished though. I think he just shades David Johnson as the best back in football. 

At long last a Packers win, its been that long with 4 losses in a row, that I have forgotten what a win feels like, good to get a good win and build confidence in the team again.

11 minutes ago, Geed said:

At long last a Packers win, its been that long with 4 losses in a row, that I have forgotten what a win feels like, good to get a good win and build confidence in the team again.

Could easily see GB going 4-1 or 5-0 in their final 5 games and making the play-offs. 

Would rather see them out of the picture as they have the talent to beat anyone (including winning in Dallas) in the NFC play-offs. 

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

Could easily see GB going 4-1 or 5-0 in their final 5 games and making the play-offs. 

Would rather see them out of the picture as they have the talent to beat anyone (including winning in Dallas) in the NFC play-offs. 

Ahh think Seattle and going to Detroit are the big games for us, think we need to win all 5 to go be certain of top.  Lions have winnable games too, and wouldn't rule out Vikings picking up top spot either, the North division usually one of the best now has the weakest teams in it.  Could go either way, all Green bay can do is win one game at a time at the moment and try put pressure on Vikings and lions above us.  Think the Cowboys if they are ranked number 1 team in NFC having home advantage will get them through, the noise last Thursday against the redskins was loudest I have heard it in dallas in years.

Almost positive the Packers are in cahoots with the Bookies ........

It is totally wide open - there is not one stand out team that you could confidently put your money on to win it

Going to make the playoffs unpredictable for a change which is good

12 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

As a Cowboys fan you would say that .........

I say it because it's true. Maybe you'll think the same after they win by 10+ in Minnesota tomorrow. 

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I say it because it's true. Maybe you'll think the same after they win by 10+ in Minnesota tomorrow. 

We clearly have a different interpretation of "dominant"

54 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

We clearly have a different interpretation of "dominant"

I agree. The Cowboys are a very good team, I wouldn't say they are dominant either. They have only had 3 big wins this year, and 2 of those were the Bears and the Browns. The other was an impressive win in Lambeau Field. Dallas have definitely been the best team so far but they are not dominant in the way teams have been in the past, like Montana's 49ers, the 85 Bears or the early Belichick Patriots teams.