NFL Thread 2016/17 - Page 4 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

NFL Thread 2016/17

The Giant

8 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Dont know whats worse

Jeremy Maclin leaving the KC game soon after kickoff and doing me for an anytime touchdown fivefold or waiting on the Packers -7 for two different trebles

Thats an absolute disgrace of a showing at Lambeau against the Colts who have been rank rotten all season

Also let down for a coupon by taking packers -7. Worth it to see them lose though. 

A very comfortable win for Dallas in Cleveland. Looking forward to seeing them go to Heinz Field. Will be interesting to see how the bi-polar Steelers respond to their embarrassing performance against the Raven. 

Looking at the Cowboys schedule and the way Ezekiel Elliot and Dak Prescott are playing, it's hard not to see them being at least a 12 win team. Who'd have thought that back when the season kicked off and Romo was out injured? 

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, biffer said:

Raiders starting to look like contenders. It's been a while.

Putting up 30 points on the Broncos is mightily impressive. Especially when most of the work was done by running the ball! That rushing attack allied with Carr and Crabtree and Cooper, is very dangerous.  

5 hours ago, Parklife said:

Putting up 30 points on the Broncos is mightily impressive. Especially when most of the work was done by running the ball! That rushing attack allied with Carr and Crabtree and Cooper, is very dangerous.  

Yeah,  offense is fantastic. Unfortunately offense wins matches, defense wins championships. And the Raiders D isn't that great. Here's hoping for a deep run in the Playoffs. 

On 11/7/2016 at 0:05 AM, Ally Bongo said:

Thats an absolute disgrace of a showing at Lambeau against the Colts who have been rank rotten all season

They have been poor, but Frank Gore has been an absolute beast for me in my NFL Fantasy team.

btw, anyone fancy doing a league next year?  First time doing it and the draft was great fun and it has given me much better insight into the NFL, feels like I'm back in the 80's waiting for Bonnie Tylers "I need a hero" coming on channel 4. 

Bryce Petty starts for the Jets today

All Jets fans have left is hope - and it could be blown out the water

Got to find out sometime i suppose

On 11/14/2016 at 0:49 AM, The Giant said:

Great game in Pittsburgh there.

Wasn't it just. Ezekiel Elliot is a special football player. Tough, intelligent, lightening quick. He's got to be right at the front of the race for MVP. A truly sensational rookie season. 

How about them Cowboys, best record in the NFL and a reasonably kind schedule to come. Away games at Philly and the Giants look very tough but the remainder look distinctly winnable. 

A Seattle @ Dallas NFC Championship game would be pretty mouthwatering. 

If the results at the weekend proved anything it's that there is no team that is streets ahead of anyone else

I believed that the Patriots were, and they are still the best at winning games that they should be winning ..but not so much against strong opposition from the NFC

And to be honest Seattle are nowhere near as good as they were a couple of years ago and winning in NE was a bit of a surprise 

NE should at the very least get to the AFC championship game and then the Superbowl

The NFC however is a complete lottery but i wouldnt worry about the Giants

On ‎07‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 0:05 AM, Ally Bongo said:

Dont know whats worse

Jeremy Maclin leaving the KC game soon after kickoff and doing me for an anytime touchdown fivefold or waiting on the Packers -7 for two different trebles

We are rotten I am a packers fan and done expect us to beat anyone just now, be cracks in the team now for a long while, we are now just an average team, about the only team I would fancy us to beat the now would be the browns and that's saying something

5 minutes ago, Geed said:

We are rotten I am a packers fan and done expect us to beat anyone just now, be cracks in the team now for a long while, we are now just an average team, about the only team I would fancy us to beat the now would be the browns and that's saying something

the Jets are now the worst team in the NFL - The Browns would beat us if they played now and not 3-4 weeks ago

Maybe we will get McCarthy in NY as head coach ...... every cloud etc

1 minute ago, Ally Bongo said:

the Jets are now the worst team in the NFL - The Browns would beat us if they played now and not 3-4 weeks ago

Maybe we will get McCarthy in NY as head coach ...... every cloud etc

You can take McCarthy lol Things have grown stale in Green Bay, he has made to many decisions on offense which have cost us valuable games where we should have went for it instead being to over cautious,  injuries haven't helped but to start season with 53 man squad only having Eddie Lacy and James Starks as running backs was a poor one, should always have 4 running back in the squad as running backs have a habit of dropping like flies due to the pounding they take on the field.  I am now going to do 2 games in London next year instead of Slovenia and Lithuania, looking forward to it.

On 11/15/2016 at 11:44 PM, Ally Bongo said:

If the results at the weekend proved anything it's that there is no team that is streets ahead of anyone else

I don't think you can overlook how comfortably Dallas are brushing teams aside. Baltimore came to Dallas with the best rushing D in the NFL. Dak Prescott beat them with his arm. 

I've not watched NFL for as long as some of you guys (only about 15 years) but in that time, i cannot remember as impressive rookies as Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliot. For Prescott to go to Dallas (and all the circus that comes with that) perform so well, keep out the fit-again veteran star QB and cope with the media pressure that comes with that so well - probably his best performance of the season last night - is so impressive. 

Big things are happening in Big D. Possibly even an NFC Championship game with Seattle come January. 

Stats are often misrepresentative - The Jets D were number 1 in stopping the run up until yesterday and we are pish

Without taking anything away from Dallas , Baltimore are not as good as their record suggests 

Green bay's season over last night 4-6 now, defense one of the worst I have saw since started watching the packers in 1990, utter garbage ahh know how it feels to be a Browns fans now.  Awe well start preparing for next season and have a clear out starting with the coach McCarthy.  My tip to win it think its between Seahawks, Patriots and the Cowboys, best 3 teams by far in the NFL

Was waiting on GB for £85 the rats

My treble was Miami, Seattle and GB

Imagine losing Miami :( especially the way the game went

59 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Was waiting on GB for £85 the rats

My treble was Miami, Seattle and GB

Imagine losing Miami :( especially the way the game went

Would never have bet Green bay mate, lost 4 games In a row now, the amount of points lost I think was 180 (cant remember exact figure) if I remember right in those 4 games, we will be lucky to win one more game this season, even bears end up beating us :>(

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

I don't think you can overlook how comfortably Dallas are brushing teams aside. Baltimore came to Dallas with the best rushing D in the NFL. Dak Prescott beat them with his arm. 

I've not watched NFL for as long as some of you guys (only about 15 years) but in that time, i cannot remember as impressive rookies as Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliot. For Prescott to go to Dallas (and all the circus that comes with that) perform so well, keep out the fit-again veteran star QB and cope with the media pressure that comes with that so well - probably his best performance of the season last night - is so impressive. 

Big things are happening in Big D. Possibly even an NFC Championship game with Seattle come January. 

Both of the rookies have been outstanding. Obviously both helped by the best o-line in the league. Last rookie running back to look this good was probably Peterson.

As for QB, it's easy to forget how good RGIII was as a rookie! And I think Roethlisberger  went 14-1. But they were not 4th rounders like Prescott. Will be interesting to see how he rounds out the season , but he's been brilliant so far.