This Board Needs Tunes - Page 582 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Board Needs Tunes

This was my limit as a kid 'playing' bass (I never did progress).

Takes me back to when I were a lad...

In school a music teacher was looking for 'talent' for a school thing and I was shopped by a lassie, 'Jim plays bass miss!!!'   What a riddy.    The teacher scribbled 4 notes (see above :rolleyes: ) on a jotter and says bring in your guitar and play Holy and the Ivy.

Gets me in, her at her piano, and says play it in a calypso beat.   Well that was me f*kked 😆

I might actually have gone away and mastered it, but turns out a 50W amp in a school hall is completely drowned out by lassies singing... at least to my cloth ears, and I couldn't hear a note.   No idea if I was even in tune.   Many years later I had a giggle when a star on stage had a go at the sound guy 'cause he couldn't hear his monitor.

Painful.   Thanks for listening 🤣

4 hours ago, exile said:

So shall we assume the current thread is now blues related, but I suggest it doesn't need to be just the genre blues but can include 'having the blues', feeling blue, etc., to give it a bit more variety.

And late joiners to the previous theme can still post first tracks too etc.

Good choice on the back of silverbear's Blues Cruise and keep posting your first bought album even if it was something embarrassing. If you can remember where you bought it, all's the better.