Most inexperienced debutants - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Most inexperienced debutants

Hertsscot

Just reflecting on both Tierney and Burke.  According to Wiki they both have only played 17 competitive first team matches before their international debut - is that some sort of record?  Can anyone think of players who have made fewer first team appearances before being fast tracked to the first team - albeit that these were friendlies.

7 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Just reflecting on both Tierney and Burke.  According to Wiki they both have only played 17 competitive first team matches before their international debut - is that some sort of record?  Can anyone think of players who have made fewer first team appearances before being fast tracked to the first team - albeit that these were friendlies.

Tierney had played almost 30. Burke had played 15-20.

Didn't Warren Cummings get an international debut while at Chelsea with no 1st team appearances to his name yet!?

4 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Didn't Warren Cummings get an international debut while at Chelsea with no 1st team appearances to his name yet!?

Think he had been around the block a bit on loan at a few clubs before he played his one Scotland game (was he not on loan at Dundee United at the time of his debut?)

Levein brought Grant Hanley into the team after just a few games for Blackburn.

Technically, Warren Cummings has never played for Scotland in an official match.

FIFA don't recognise games against league XIs. I agree with FIFA, it's pathetic that the SFA awarded caps and goals for that silly practice game.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

2 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Not as far as FIFA are concerned

Strange how they can be recognised by UEFA but not FIFA

Means they now face 3 years without a competitive match and as they aren't very good I cant see teams lining up to play them as it wouldn't be much of a challenge..

26 minutes ago, clarky1606 said:

Strange how they can be recognised by UEFA but not FIFA

Means they now face 3 years without a competitive match and as they aren't very good I cant see teams lining up to play them as it wouldn't be much of a challenge..

Before he was binned, I think Platini was talking about making them the unofficial 6th team in one of the two 5 team league, plus there was also a story that Kosovo would be in the other....but this story appeared after a rather dodgy photo of the Kosovo FA shaking hands with Platini popped up.... then about a week later the sh*t hit the fan for Platini.

I suspect this is the last is the last we have seen of Gibraltar (sure I read that their plans for a new stadium have been scrapped), but saying that, teams are still lining up to play them (they played Latvia this week and Lichtenstein also)