Uefa Double Standards - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Uefa Double Standards

I see the Hull v Arsenal cup replay is to be screened live on the TV tonight and this when there are 2 champions league games being played.

Is this a case of money talks  [English FA]  or  did the SFA not put a request into Uefa for the Scottish cup replays to be screened last month.

Double standards or incompetence ??? 

5 minutes ago, wellyman said:

I see the Hull v Arsenal cup replay is to be screened live on the TV tonight and this when there are 2 champions league games being played.

Is this a case of money talks  [English FA]  or  did the SFA not put a request into Uefa for the Scottish cup replays to be screened last month.

Off the Ball were talking about this and caught Talk Sport commenting on it the other week.

There does seem to be a loop hole of something along the lines of the FA set aside replay dates, but if that needs to be rescheduled because one of the teams already has a tv match set for that week, then it can be played on a Champions League night and shown on tv (Radio Scotland mentioned something about one of the teams involved in the Scottish cup asked for the date to be switched to a champions league night, so could not get it shown on tv).

1 hour ago, wellyman said:

Started a thread on this last week mate, it's a complete joke. 

There have been a few, unconfirmed, reports that the FA are paying a brib...I mean fine to allow it to be screened live.

Either way it's sets a precedent. It's either OK for this to happen, or its not!!! 

The Thistle game is live on TV tonight...  in the Middle East, Slovakia, Hungary, Poland, Norway, Croatia and Serbia...  and on IPTV :)

The UK broadcasters aren't showing it though.

Guessing it's due to being rearranged. 

I'm surprised the SPFL didn't ask for it to be played at 5pm to squeeze it on BT Sports before the real action starts.