Partick Thistle vs Aberdeen - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Partick Thistle vs Aberdeen

Big game for Aberdeen tonight. After Monday's defeat we need to bounce back with a victory. 

Johnny Hayes being out is a big blow but the return of Jack in midfield should add a lot more calmness and control in the middle of the park. Something that was completely absent on Monday. I'd expect Jack to come in for Hayes, with McLean pushing forward and Rooney playing cutting in from the right. 

It's a tough game and i think Partick are in something of a false position in the league. They're a better side than 9th IMO. 

Prediction: Partick 0-2 Aberdeen 

6 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Big game for Aberdeen tonight. After Monday's defeat we need to bounce back with a victory. 

Johnny Hayes being out is a big blow but the return of Jack in midfield should add a lot more calmness and control in the middle of the park. Something that was completely absent on Monday. I'd expect Jack to come in for Hayes, with McLean pushing forward and Rooney playing cutting in from the right. 

It's a tough game and i think Partick are in something of a false position in the league. They're a better side than 9th IMO. 

Prediction: Partick 0-2 Aberdeen 

I wouldn't start with Church. Would rather see Smith in there and leave Rooney up top. Agree Hayes out is a huge blow. 

7 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

I wouldn't start with Church. Would rather see Smith in there and leave Rooney up top. Agree Hayes out is a huge blow. 

I don't really see why so many rate Smith all that highly.

Starting XI tonight will certainly be interesting. Am I correct in thinking Logan is suspended for tonight?

8 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

I don't really see why so many rate Smith all that highly.

Starting XI tonight will certainly be interesting. Am I correct in thinking Logan is suspended for tonight?

I think he's decent but to be fair he definitely splits opinion amongst us. Any chance the new lad will start in place of Logan?  The other option is a 3-5-2, but I'd only do that with Hayes (out) and Shinnie wide. 

18 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:
7 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

I think he's decent but to be fair he definitely splits opinion amongst us. Any chance the new lad will start in place of Logan?  The other option is a 3-5-2, but I'd only do that with Hayes (out) and Shinnie wide. 

Which new lad?

I'm wondering if he might well end up going with Flood in midfield and Jack at RB.

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

Prediction: Game off.

It's barely rained in the west end this week. There was a couple of downpours yesterday (lasting about 30 mins each) but nothing major. It's raining a bit just now but just a drizzle. 

5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

It's barely rained in the west end this week. There was a couple of downpours yesterday (lasting about 30 mins each) but nothing major. It's raining a bit just now but just a drizzle. 

I work in Finnieston and it was chucking down most of yesterday?  Not enough for the game to be called off I wouldn't have thought mind you.

4 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I work in Finnieston and it was chucking down most of yesterday?  Not enough for the game to be called off I wouldn't have thought mind you.

I work just off Great Western Road. As i said, a few downpours but apart from that there was no heavy rain. 

It might have chucked it down overnight right enough but there's hardly even any puddles about.