New British Passport Design Launched - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New British Passport Design Launched

I actually don't mind the new designs, they are pretty inoffensive. Though they don't really showcase 'the four nations'. (Strictly speaking one state, two nations, a principality, a province, and a number of crown dependencies.)

Wales hasn't been a principality since 1542.

I don't know what Northern Ireland is, but it's not really a province, otherwise it would include Donegal, Cavan and Monaghan.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who dress up as the "Tartan Army" TM complain about a piper being on a passport. The injustice!

Who be that then Alan ? What is / isnt "Tartan Army" attire exactly ?

Putting a piper on a passport is analogous to a picture of a geezer selling jellied eels - both equally pathetic and patronising.

I meant the Scottish people as a collective group. Although I thought that would have been clear.

Nobody suggested you were restricted to bothering about just one thing either. I just pointed out that there are far more important things than aa silly bit of paper. You can carry on being outraged about it if it gives you something to stay focused on though, be my guest.

Poster says there are far more important things to bother about than a "silly bit of paper" whilst at the same time the poster gets bothered about folks posting negative comments about said bit of paper.

Poster says there are far more important things to bother about than a "silly bit of paper" whilst at the same time the poster gets bothered about folks posting negative comments about said bit of paper.

Posting a reply to a thread on a message board doesn't necessarily mean I am getting bothered about it. It means I am joining in the discussion, which I'm assuming is the purpose of these things.

Wales hasn't been a principality since 1542.

I don't know what Northern Ireland is, but it's not really a province, otherwise it would include Donegal, Cavan and Monaghan.

wales was self governed before that.. its been a principality of England since 1503 when it was consumed ...

NI is a principality of the UK,

Ulster( which includes the other areas stated) is a province of Ireland the Island.. or an ancient province, but currently NI is a province of the UK.

I meant the Scottish people as a collective group. Although I thought that would have been clear.

Nobody suggested you were restricted to bothering about just one thing either. I just pointed out that there are far more important things than aa silly bit of paper. You can carry on being outraged about it if it gives you something to stay focused on though, be my guest.

:rollsmile::rollsmile:

wales was self governed before that.. its been a principality of England since 1503 when it was consumed ...

NI is a principality of the UK,

Ulster( which includes the other areas stated) is a province of Ireland the Island.. or an ancient province, but currently NI is a province of thoe UK.

Tell me, what sovereignty does the Prince of Wales exercise now? And who is the Prince of Northern Ireland?

People like you were a dream for the media last year. Childish and pathetic attitudes like that allowed them to portray us all as unstable, Mcglashan type figures

Not really sure what your last sentence means. I'm pretty sure I've been to far more Scotland matches, home and away, than you have. Although given you are probably about 15 years old, I do have a slight age advantage I suppose.

Haha you really are clueless. Because i dont want everything plastered with a UJ and i hate the sight of it? Im proud to be Scottish, if thats unstable then im unstable and happy to be. The media are a shower and at the end of the day, anyone who buys into the MSM are idiots.

Yes im 15 how did you know?

"People like you"

Haha

Can we keep him?

Edited by Kirk

Haha you really are clueless. Because i dont want everything plastered with a UJ and i hate the sight of it? Im proud to be Scottish, if thats unstable then im unstable and happy to be. The media are a shower and at the end of the day, anyone who buys into the MSM are idiots.

Yes im 15 how did you know?

Those who "buy into them" still had a vote whether they were idiots or not. I'm proud to be Scottish too but I don't feel the need to be petty about things like flags on drivers licences.

You crack on though, Braveheart.

Those who "buy into them" still had a vote whether they were idiots or not. I'm proud to be Scottish too but I don't feel the need to be petty about things like flags on drivers licences.

You crack on though, Braveheart.

Yes exactly and the media influenced the hard of thinking a lot. If you think its petty thats fine, but I dont and the flag quite frankly disgusts me.

Braveheart aye nae bother, just about to take my facepaint off after a long night of stabbing the english

What do you mean 'ooops' ? You charged my credit card £80 for the show ya wee minx :(

A 15 year old has to make money somehow. How else will i catch up with No Scotland No Partys home and away game tally, oh to be that amazing.

Tell me, what sovereignty does the Prince of Wales exercise now? And who is the Prince of Northern Ireland?

Northern Ireland is a Province, it doesnt need a Prince, a Principality needs a Prince.