Andrew Neil V Stewart Hosie - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Andrew Neil V Stewart Hosie

WoS has become an embarrassment. His "debating" technique is now just swear word filled rants. Follower counts went to his head, and he's now more likely to turn folk off the yes side than join it. Hosie fluffed the interview, it's not bad interview unionist man out over us. He gets paid enough and is high profile enough that he should be able to handle it better. But he failed

WoS links. A sociopathic nasty bully who twists data from his computer room while fantasising Lara Croft is his girlfriend. And still some MSP's follow and retweet him. Politics is broken.

His Wee Blue Book in now in fantasy section of Waterstones.

He holds Unionists and especially MSM journos more to account than any other entity from the YES campaign.

It cracks me up how all the usual suspects have such a hard on for this wings bloke (never really read his site unless someone links to it). Not a word from these folk at the complete lack of representation in the MSM for the people who supported YES. Not a word on that ever but droning on and on about some wee guy belting it out on the internet. Yeah he has to be silenced above all else... fuuuuck off. :-))

and he's now more likely to turn folk off the yes side than join it.

Based on what? I think the idea that one person online can sway someone's political opinion, especially after a couple of years of high profile campaigning to be ridiculous.

At a guess I'd imagine the only people who read his stuff are people committed to either side.

Some of his articles are excellent and he can do good investigative work but agreed that he comes across as a bellend on Twitter

Edited by ParisInAKilt

Was it WoS that tweeted to JK Rowling that she'd outstayed her welcome in Scotland? Wasn't sure if it was genuine or not as I'm not a Twitter aficionado.

I'm not he said that but he did tell her that she could off. off of course can mean a multitude of things. He also told Muriel Gray to do the exact same thing - as he pointed out himself, no-one seemed at all bothered at that.

I've no particular issue with Wings on Twitter, he gets much more abuse than he gives out.

There is also a huge amount of double standards as regards internet abuse, last night he was being accused of running the A_LordDarling parody account and was called Ratboy, Scumbag and offered out for a fight by Alastair Darling's wife! I bet that's not in any papers today.

The problem is that it gives opponents the opportunity - in the way Alan just did - to dismiss the good stuff on the blog out of hand.

"Here's a really detailed breakdown of why the figures quoted by Andrew Neill are wrong"

"But he swears at people on the Internet, end of".

The tweet Chris Graham retweeted - @WingsScotland Have you ever heard the premise of over staying your welcome? Nae whisky here for you.

I'm not even sure how Twitter works, so in the dark (I set up an account ages ago to follow racing stuff, but I've never really used it).

Edited by Charlie Endell

Jk Rowling should off, not from Scotland just the Internet. The biggest and richest troll online.

Whilst I'm sure none of us support any abuse or intimidation towards J.K Rowling- the truth is that she is indeed a highly privileged, sneering and haughty individual. She also has an incredibly patronising, paternal view of Scotland and a very low opinion of our people's abilities.

She is no friend of Scotland.

J.R.R Tolkein was and still is the daddy.