Golfers Forum. - Page 23 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Golfers Forum.

dandydunn

Played last couple of days at Machrihanish, first rounds of the year, poor yesterday but bit better today, course in great condition, they have done a lot of work on the greens which were pretty poor last year but looking a lot better now

Just starting to look into the opens for this season.

Pencilled in so far are Banchory 36,Braemar 36,Newburgh,duff house and the kinks championship.

Also got a few of going down to play Carrick in April,especially looking forward to that.

Pencilled in so far are Banchory 36,Braemar 36,Newburgh,duff house and the kinks championship.

Also got a few of going down to play Carrick in April,especially looking forward to that.

:blink:

Better hope there no rain over the next three months as I played the Carrick at the end of October and though the greens were fine the fairways were a bit squelchy.

Brilliant course. Normal / Summer greens?

All normal greens apart from the short 4th, it is always off during the winter but they built a decent green to play to, that winter green was the quickest one for putting the last couple of days

Cracking fire sale on at Paul Lawrie golf centre today.

50% off all clothing. Came away with a footjoy 1/4 zip top,tshirt,puma trousers and an under armour gilet for £124.

One mate spent about £350 and another got a galvin green suit for less than £200.

Or should I say anyone fancy a game in South Ayrshire? Yeah Iv played the same including Brunston in Dailly.

I used to caddy at Turnberry, met a few cracking players canny beat the yanks though, great tippers!

Aye, I'm up for a game in the new season. Ayrshire's my favourite place to play golf :ok:

I've been looking a caddying (professionally). Some nae bad cash to be made if you've got a half-decent pro. I'm carrying my club pro's bag in a tourney in March, so I'll see how it goes.

Aye, I'm up for a game in the new season. Ayrshire's my favourite place to play golf :ok:

I've been looking a caddying (professionally). Some nae bad cash to be made if you've got a half-decent pro. I'm carrying my club pro's bag in a tourney in March, so I'll see how it goes.

Good stuff! Who's the pro?

Wish I stuck in at Golf when I was younger, Im glad that I took it back up last year.

Ever played Girvan?

Good stuff! Who's the pro?

Wish I stuck in at Golf when I was younger, Im glad that I took it back up last year.

Ever played Girvan?

Simon Payne.

I was actually quite similar. Played off 2 when I was 16/17 - fell oot with the club at the time over an Assistant Pro job, and never hit a ball for about 20 years. Saw my mate on Facebook, who is now the Russian Federation Coach, and was phuqqing raging (cos I thought I was better than him :lol: ) Took it up again 5 years ago, and haven't looked back.

Never had the pleasure of playing Girvan - any good?

Good stuff, we had a nightmare with the greenkeepers last year, put alot of people off from playing. Going to the driving range in a couple of hours at Dailly.

Bought a new driver and need to start getting to grips with it