Mcnamara Sacked - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mcnamara Sacked

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mixu or Stuart McCall are named worth considering.

I think Pat Fenlon deserves a chance.

Mixu was on Off the Ball today and the guys were touting him for the Motherwell job and I got the impression he would be applying.

I think today's news from Tannadice may change things and hope he goes for the Utd job (which I think he'd get).

Edited by fringo

Things couldn't carry on the way they were so there was an inevitability about this.

I have some sympathy for him in that he was caught up in/blamed for things that weren't his fault - the selling of players, the leaking of the sell-on clause in his contract, concerns about the chairman's plans for the club and issues between the club and the supporter's federation. And we did play great football in spells when he was manager. Even this season, we have played good football in spells in games.

However, 4 wins in the last 24 league games tells its own story. Shame but time to go.

Things couldn't carry on the way they were so there was an inevitability about this.

I have some sympathy for him in that he was caught up in/blamed for things that weren't his fault - the selling of players, the leaking of the sell-on clause in his contract, concerns about the chairman's plans for the club and issues between the club and the supporter's federation. And we did play great football in spells when he was manager. Even this season, we have played good football in spells in games.

However, 4 wins in the last 24 league games tells its own story. Shame but time to go.

Shame my arse. Appalling record and a full hip pocket. No plan B and a honking plan A.

The decent players masked his tactical ineptitude and his inability to sign anyone other than donkeys.

Shame my arse. Appalling record and a full hip pocket. No plan B and a honking plan A.

The decent players masked his tactical ineptitude and his inability to sign anyone other than donkeys.

Ah, the money thing again.

His overall win/loss ratio is still pretty decent. He did sign some good players - Ciftci and Robertson stand out. The plan A when we were banging in 4 or 5 goals every week in 2013 was pretty good. We did play some really good football under JM. The first 18 months were great but that seems have been forgotten.

I didn't mean shame that he has gone but shame that it didn't work out after a promising start. I liked the way he wanted to play attacking football but he was 'found out' tactically. When teams worked out how to deal with good plan A, we were never the same. His reluctance to change formation when it didn't work against certain teams possibly cost us a cup.

I have no issues with him going because of his recent footballing record (that is indefensible) but I do think that a lot of the flak he has being taking has been due to the situation with the chairman, the chairman selling the players and his contract. He should be judged purely on football results which had become unacceptable.

That sums it all up.

So who would be the preferred choice among Utd fans?

Anyone in particular stand out or is opinion split?

Unlikely he'd come but everyone I've heard express an opinion wants Levein back. Likewise, Cathro would be exciting but he's out of our league now I think.

Would probably accept Ray McKinnon or even Jim McIntyre.

No interest in Stuart McCall, Alan Stubbs, Malky McKay or any of the other fandans being touted.

Unlikely he'd come but everyone I've heard express an opinion wants Levein back. Likewise, Cathro would be exciting but he's out of our league now I think.

Would probably accept Ray McKinnon or even Jim McIntyre.

No interest in Stuart McCall, Alan Stubbs, Malky McKay or any of the other fandans being touted.

Forgot about him. He'd be my first choice if it were possible.

Is he not still assistant manager somewhere (Valencia?) but said he wanted a manager's job next so he might like the idea Utd initially.