Faro Town To Stadium Question? - Gibraltar v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Faro Town To Stadium Question?

Byrne2711

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking into this as well. The stadium is served with a rail station Parque Das Cidades which has trains from Faro through the day but looking at the timetable there isn't a train going back in after the game, however surely extra services would be put on for evening games?

In any case I've requested to join a bus from Hotel Eva, it's the easiest option.

The stadium is well out of town beside a motorway with nothing much else there. I rented a car and drove to/from Loule but that meant no beer until afterwards. There is loads of free parking. There were some public buses after the game to Faro but from speaking to somebody who left the stadium an hour after the final whistle he saw quite a few Irish fans the worse for wear with little prospect of leaving that night. You'd need to move pretty quickly after the final whistle to get a public bus.

A taxi to Loule or to Faro is approx 25 euros but you would need to have your transport organised for afterwards.

Even in September it got quite cold at the game. It is worth bringing a jacket.

There is a makeshift fanzone at the stadium which serves beer and fast food. It also has music.

I didn't see the train station or hear of anyone using the train. Don't assume anything re extra services as the games are really low key.

I was looking into this as well. The stadium is served with a rail station Parque Das Cidades which has trains from Faro through the day but looking at the timetable there isn't a train going back in after the game, however surely extra services would be put on for evening games?

In any case I've requested to join a bus from Hotel Eva, it's the easiest option.

Staying at hotel Eva also. My brother has emailed them to see if they can help out with anything. Cheers for the replies. Probably have to sort out a taxi in worst case.

The stadium is well out of town beside a motorway with nothing much else there. I rented a car and drove to/from Loule but that meant no beer until afterwards. There is loads of free parking. There were some public buses after the game to Faro but from speaking to somebody who left the stadium an hour after the final whistle he saw quite a few Irish fans the worse for wear with little prospect of leaving that night. You'd need to move pretty quickly after the final whistle to get a public bus.

A taxi to Loule or to Faro is approx 25 euros but you would need to have your transport organised for afterwards.

There is a makeshift fanzone at the stadium which serves beer and fast food. It also has music.

I didn't see the train station or hear of anyone using the train. Don't assume anything re extra services as the games are really low key.

great advice :ok:

Cheers for the info. :ok:

Really? I've been to Albufeira several times in Late September / early October and never taken anything other than shorts and T Shirts. Jacket? Your having a laugh.

Thanks. Did the beer contain alcohol?

I can't say for sure as I was driving and didn't try. However I believe it did. It was outside the stadium so would have been allowed. No alcohol on sale in the regular seats inside of course.

Don't expect too much mind as it was pretty makeshift. Just a few vans in the carpark.