Darren Fletcher - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Darren Fletcher

smiler82

Got to say I was a bit surprised he didn't feature on Friday but feel he has to start v Germany.

For most of his career he has played for a team who know how to grind out results and have a winning mentality.

I feel he will add stability to the team and allow Morisson, Maloney to get forward more often. Personally I would bring him in for Brown but can't see it happening.

Thoughts?

Aye we can't do much wrong than stick fletcher in.one massive performance from him could change things for him and by christ do we need it

2 days rest affectively so surely there's bound to be stiff legs kickin in earlier than normal during Monday's game. Same for Germany right enough

Fletch has played more consecutive games since signing for West Brom that he did all through his Man United career. He's fully fit, has the mentality and is guaranteed to drive us on.

Get him back in there, and give him the armband.

Edited by McTeeko

I think he may the only decent option we have in terms of influence.

Absolutely ! The man is the perfect professional. He sets a great example on and off the pitch. Yes, his form has dropped, because of his illness, but, although he'll never be the same player again, he has the mental strength to pull others around him. The fact that he's playing alongside Morrison at WBA, should also be an advantage. An absolute must start for me (even if he doesn't play the whole 90 minutes).