Parking For Germany Game - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Parking For Germany Game

GordonC

Bumping this. Driving back straight after game to Somerset so looking for a decent place to park that doesn't take hours to get out of. Cheers

Park on Carmunnock Road (or one of the streets leading off it) up by the Territorial Army building - should be a breeze getting away - head up to Carmunnock, nip over Cathkin Braes, up to EK and then join the M74 at Hamilton (therefore skipping the queues to join 74 at Polmadie) - I live in the area and always use this route when heading south.

Park on Carmunnock Road (or one of the streets leading off it) up by the Territorial Army building - should be a breeze getting away - head up to Carmunnock, nip over Cathkin Braes, up to EK and then join the M74 at Hamilton (therefore skipping the queues to join 74 at Polmadie) - I live in the area and always use this route when heading south.

Aye agree with this. This is where I used to park (make sure your car is facing southbound on Carmunnock Road). Used to be able to get back to Larkhall in around 30-40 minutes even during sell outs.

Route is easy as noted above B759/A749/A725/M74

Having parked where I mentioned earlier in this thread... Jessie Street, just off Polmadie road in an industrial estate, I landed a parking ticket last night.

I have parked here for the last half a dozen Hampden games without any issue, no yellow lines, no signs. Anyone think this is worth arguing the toss over? Any chancer firms out there pretending to be genuine parking enforcement?