Alcohol At Hampden? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Alcohol At Hampden?

DPM07

Does this mean we'll be able to get a bevvy in the stadium on Monday night?

"The new agreement will see Tennent’s Lager enjoy exclusive rights to pour Tennent Caledonian brands – including Black T, Caledonia Best and Magners - at Hampden Park."

Probably just means the hospitality........

I see they were selling alcohol at Hampden for the CWG but not the Olympics, whats the difference, coz the Olympics was just football??

I was thinking about this the other day how reliant many fans are here on getting a good drink before the game and say it helps get them singing etc.

When I was in Turkey the atmosphere at football games was crazy with fans in the stadium hours before kick off in some instances. The guys that I knew all didn't drink as they were muslim which I imagine applied to quite a lot of the football supporters. What would Hampden be like with a totally sober support. They didn't need the drink to create noise and get mentally into the game over there.

Regardless of the laws in each country (Scotland being one that doesn't allow alcohol at football games), it is a UEFA regulation that bans the sale of alcohol within the stadium, for all matches under its jurisdiction.

Edited by EIFA10

Does this mean we'll be able to get a bevvy in the stadium on Monday night?

"The new agreement will see Tennent’s Lager enjoy exclusive rights to pour Tennent Caledonian brands – including Black T, Caledonia Best and Magners - at Hampden Park."

Probably just means the hospitality........

I see they were selling alcohol at Hampden for the CWG but not the Olympics, whats the difference, coz the Olympics was just football??

Hi Jim.

How's things? What are you up to these days, you've been a bit quiet since May.