Kilt Or No Kilt ? - Gibraltar v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Kilt Or No Kilt ?

jock strap

As per the title, what's the plans for Troops wearing the kilt ?

I'm thinking that it's gonna be chafftastic so probs no gonna bother.

If it's anything like Alicante, I had to go back to the hotel match day to change.

Got Scotland shorts with the Saltire etc so think that's the way forward for me.

What you lot thinking ?

If I can wear the kilt full regalia over here at an outdoor wedding in the middle of the hot, humid summer then you'll be fine in October with cool Atlantic breezes Del.

Fair point buddy, but when you get wellied and

jump in the sea, it's a pure nightmare ! :lol:

Unfortunate experiences such as Bari, Alicante, Amsterdam ( yikes3: ) and many others cause the obvious added concern ! :lol:

Fair point buddy, but when you get wellied and

jump in the sea, it's a pure nightmare ! :lol:

Unfortunate experiences such as Bari, Alicante, Amsterdam ( yikes3: ) and many others cause the obvious added concern ! :lol:

It's a fair hop into the sea fae Amsterdam!

I usually stick the kilt on for the flight out and wear it throughout the trip including the flight back.

This time around cause of the length of the journey and the heat while I'm there I'll reserve the kilt for night before the game and match day.

Well I too am worried about everything below the equator becoming raw, having suffered this fate over the summer on a Stag do.

Plan A is for kilt on the Saturday when we fly and Sunday for match day. Next two days will be put in the 'wait and see' column.

Jings, it really won't be that hot. It is October and there will be healthy breezes in from the ocean. The hottest trip I remember was a Prague game in a May I think. That was brutally hot!

That then followed by Skopje in September 2008. Two of the hottest away games I've been to.

J

I usually stick the kilt on for the flight out and wear it throughout the trip including the flight back.

This time around cause of the length of the journey and the heat while I'm there I'll reserve the kilt for night before the game and match day.

Actually, this is my plan for the Georgia match.

Taking each game as it comes.

I think there was a beer garden/bar at the top of that hill in that park.....most welcome pint of Pils ever. :ok:

We just pushed on through and grabbed a pint at the ground. I inhaled it in about a second. We were delirious by the top of those steps.

We were cocking about with a football and it started bouncing down. Nobody could be arsed going after it.

J

We just pushed on through and grabbed a pint at the ground. I inhaled it in about a second. We were delirious by the top of those steps.

We were cocking about with a football and it started bouncing down. Nobody could be arsed going after it.

J

Was that the space hopper football that was going from top to bottom ?