Scotland Stay With Us - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Stay With Us

This utter walloper reckons that Scotland shouldn't leave the UK because Scottish soldiers died fighting the IRA who also wanted the UK to be broken up (without a word of a lie, that's what he says):

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scottish-independence/11094769/Scottish-independence-Our-soldiers-lost-their-lives-trying-to-preserve-the-UK.-What-will-their-families-say.html

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure i heard on tv today that SOME REGIONS in england want more powers because of scotland trying to get independance.So if that is true then the media think we are a region rather than a country.I could be wrong but it was something like that.

I am sure i heard on tv today that SOME REGIONS in england want more powers because of scotland trying to get independence.So if that is true then the media think we are a region rather than a country.I could be wrong but it was something like that.

Its the subtle propaganda in our media that we just don't notice but it affects our psyche greatly .if you want to look for it you will find it every day and not just anything to do with the Scottish referendum.The fact that the football results have always shown the lower English leagues and Vauxhall conference read in full before the Scottish premier league.It creates an acceptance from childhood that your sport is of inferior quality .More importantly the psyche on the English is just as great and that is just one of the examples of why many south of the border appear to be astonished we would want to leave a union which to them has a superior value .

The population of England & Scotland combined pre union was roughly two thirds English and one third Scots.

Now we are down to 8.3% I see.

The Union has been a catastrophe for us make no mistake.

We have been scattered to the four corners for hundreds of years or faced economic conscription.

The population of England & Scotland combined pre union was roughly two thirds English and one third Scots.

Now we are down to 8.3% I see.

The Union has been a catastrophe for us make no mistake.

We have been scattered to the four corners for hundreds of years or faced economic conscription.

Certainly compared with the growth of other industrialised nations we should have another couple of million or so people.

However I'm glad we're not as horribly overpopulated as parts of England are...

Despite all the nazi jibes the ugly face of nationalism in this campaign has been British nationalism. Sure there are nutters on the yes side but overall it's been an exemplary display of civic nationalism and none at all. The Britnats are still being led by the nose by the media. Luckily that boat has sailed for at least 50% of the Scottish population who have learned to think for themselves. This journey and movement has already made our country a much better place. Any politicians post Yes had better be on their toes.

Certainly compared with the growth of other industrialised nations we should have another couple of million or so people.

However I'm glad we're not as horribly overpopulated as parts of England are...

What they have done down south with immigration is a scandal.

"Brecht's sarcasm is now literal truth. Western governments are dissolving their peoples and electing (or rather importing) other peoples in their place."

Keep everyone fighting for survival and each other and no one ever looks up.

Scotland has largely escaped this... so far.

Edited by thplinth

England is so big now population wise versus us we could be swamped in a single generation.

That is why we need to grasp this moment now and establish our institutions.

Sooner or later the pressure down south will spill over into Scotland. We could lose this opportunity and never get it back.

What they have done down south with immigration is a scandal.

"Brecht's sarcasm is now literal truth. Western governments are dissolving their peoples and electing (or rather importing) other peoples in their place."

Keep everyone fighting for survival and each other and no one ever looks up.

Scotland has largely escaped this... so far.

Agree with you .It has been about social engineering and racial discrimination .They have decided that some elements of the endemic population who don't meet their standards must have to to be or improved or placed in a situation where they have to compete for less.While immigration is a good thing for every society both genetically and culturally ,historically mass immigration has led to mistrust ,more pressure on land and services and a reduction in living standards and quality of life .Of course it also enables the wealthy elite to massively increase their wealth through exploitation and control .When you combine this with religious extremism you see the problems we seem to be facing in Europe today.