Getting To Stadium - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Getting To Stadium

Broon2

I posted this elsewhere, copied here for general info, will update when appropriate

All, I have had a chat with the SFA Security Officer. We have spoken specifically regarding the use of the metro. Peter is going to have further conversations with the match commander (local police) and the British Embassy. He will come back to me as soon as possible - this may be tomorrow. Please don't start asking what was spoken about - its no secret - but let Peter get on with it and back to me.

For those who must ask - we spoke of walking / distance / the roads / the driving / the lighting / the signage on metro / the signage on roads / buses / taxis

Cheers

Jim

WESTA

Do you know that it's about 30 minutes max to walk?

In Paris it was about 2 hours walk yet everyone wanted to walk. There are a lot of pubs out that way too. Surprised nobody started a March to the ground thread. Strange.

Do you know that it's about 30 minutes max to walk?

In Paris it was about 2 hours walk yet everyone wanted to walk. There are a lot of pubs out that way too. Surprised nobody started a March to the ground thread. Strange.

Are you waiting on someone else doing it? Go for it !

UPDATE

Further to my post from yesterday.

It would appear that the concern re the metro was raised in Tbilisi and was centred on reliability, it is prone to power failure, poor signage etc and given the modest cost of taxis they were identified as best option. Should taxis not be available then the metro is an option, it will be operating until midnight after the match.

Getting to the stadium METRO From the Rustaveli metro station proceed down the escalator and wait for a train on the left platform. Get off at the second stop ( Vagzlis Moedani ) and turn left off the train, leaving at the exit with the big sword over the arch. Once at street level turn right down Tevdore Mgvdeli St then first left down G. Tsabadze Street where the stadium will become visible on your right. The walk will take you about 10 minutes.

Info supplied by British Embassy in Tbilisi via SFA Security Officer.

Cheers

Jim

UPDATE

It would appear that the concern re the metro was raised in Tbilisi and was centred on reliability, it is prone to power failure, poor signage etc and given the modest cost of taxis they were identified as best option. Should taxis not be available then the metro is an option, it will be operating until midnight after the match.

Getting to the stadium METRO From the Rustaveli metro station proceed down the escalator and wait for a train on the left platform. Get off at the second stop ( Vagzlis Moedani ) and turn left off the train, leaving at the exit with the big sword over the arch. Once at street level turn right down Tevdore Mgvdeli St then first left down G. Tsabadze Street where the stadium will become visible on your right. The walk will take you about 10 minutes.

Cheers

Jim

All very informative, but what about the pies?

UPDATE

Cheers

Jim

Thanks for the info Jim,

See you on Sunday

Although it wasn't announced before we travelled last time, there where busses to and from the stadium for Scotland fans from the bus stop 100 yards from Marco Polo bar !

Taxis where plenty getting to the stadium but nowhere to be seen after game, maybe arrange something with your hotel for transport after game.

It was a bit dodgy after the game, although that's maybe because we spent the night with the local Mafia ?