Air Baltic Via Riga - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Air Baltic Via Riga

Flight number BT654 from gatwick at 17.35 on Wednesday 2 sept then BT724 from Riga at 23.25, arrive tblisi 03.55 on Thursday 3 September. Booked it with "go to gate" (via skyscamner) in October last year. Various emails at the end of last year with minor changes in flight times. Then the "go to gate" cowboys email me yesterday saying flight changed to 3 September (same times) and asking me to agree or accept refund (if applicable and with charges) within 5 days. According to other websites flight time has been changed to 18.10 (which makes Riga transfer a bit tight) but departure date the same. Emailed them back saying 18.10 dep time is ok but their suggested alternatives were unacceptable. Not heard back from them yet.

Ok, go to gate have been in touch and say because of the change in flight time, there are only 30 mins between landing in Riga on Wednesday evening and the connecting flight to tblisi and this is not "a valid connection". They have now proposed flying out a day earlier (which I can't do) and putting me up in a Riga hotel on Tuesday night at air baltic's expense.

Anyone else heard anything? Anybody know whether or not a 30 min transfer at Riga, at a time when the airport should be quiet, is do-able / likely?

Ok, go to gate have been in touch and say because of the change in flight time, there are only 30 mins between landing in Riga on Wednesday evening and the connecting flight to tblisi and this is not "a valid connection". They have now proposed flying out a day earlier (which I can't do) and putting me up in a Riga hotel on Tuesday night at air baltic's expense.

Anyone else heard anything? Anybody know whether or not a 30 min transfer at Riga, at a time when the airport should be quiet, is do-able / likely?

Free night in Riga with room service on re-dial. What's not to like?

We have a 35 minute connection booked through Airbaltic themselves.

Airbaltic wesbite actually states connections from 25 minutes are OK.

https://www.airbaltic.com/en/transferring-riga-airport

Riga airport is not all that big.

Airports like Schipol you need at least 45 minuts between flights.

What you will find is probably your arrive at gate 15, and your Tbilisi flight is at gate 14.......

Plus if there is enough on the inward flight, they will hold up the onward flight (within respectable means for keeping landing slot in Tbilisi)

At least you have got a reply. All I am getting is sorry we are taking longer to reply to emails than normal. We will get back to you soon. Called each day but gave up on hold after 10 minutes. Getting a bit annoyed now. 1 week to go and no confirmed flights!

We are using air Baltic coming home, saurday 05/09 from Tbilisi -Riga - Gatwick. Never used them before, as we fly oot 1st thing Wednesday we can't check in online before we go. Any suggestions?

Sorry, should have said, to check in & print off boarding passes. Cheers