Flight Prices - Page 2 - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Flight Prices

scottcross

You only get a free night if there is no other connection. There is on this route that gets you in to Tbilisi for 3.30am so no free hotel unfortunately.

There are no options at all to get free accommodation with Turkish on this route.

The main reason is that there are 3 flights a day each way to Ataturk Airport in Istanbul at least one of which will always allow for a non stopover connection to the UK.

There are no options at all to get free accommodation with Turkish on this route.

The main reason is that there are 3 flights a day each way to Ataturk Airport in Istanbul at least one of which will always allow for a non stopover connection to the UK.

Yeah that was the point I was trying to make. Still would probably rather stay in the centre rather than airport anyway.

I had a look at prices last night. Thought £335 from Glasgow - Amsterdam - kiev - Tbilisi and back was very good.

Now that was leaving on the Weds till Sunday. Which again thought was ok.

Hotels personally speaking were expensive especially for 4 nights. £600 plus other ridiculous quotes. Will keep searching for cheaper hotels and see what i can come up with.

Hotels personally speaking were expensive especially for 4 nights. £600 plus other ridiculous quotes. Will keep searching for cheaper hotels and see what i can come up with.

In Eastern Europe most hotels do not really work on a basis of releasing hotel rooms a year in advance..... I can find nothing in Kyiv or Yerevan as most hotels do not release their 2015 rooms until January (hotel in Yerevan had them on their site as available, then emailed me to say that I would have to wait until January) but got one through a agent who is providing a transfer to Tbilisi for me.... Kyiv is pretty much the same, though I am renting a apartment near Independence Square that I have used many times.

For Tbilisi I just skipped the agent sites and went straight to a hotel that was getting great reviews on TripAdvisor and Booking.com, and they gave me a great price (they do not have their 2015 rates yet, but offered me a double room at their 2014 rates plus a small discount if I was prepared to book it).

I had a look at prices last night. Thought £335 from Glasgow - Amsterdam - kiev - Tbilisi and back was very good.

Now that was leaving on the Weds till Sunday. Which again thought was ok.

I've booked my lot 3 rooms (for 8 of us its 2 twins and an apartment that sleeps 5) in a decently rated hotel, incl breakfast and the total for the 4 nights is about £830

I booked via booking.com - if you use the app (I'm on Android) you can book September, whereas the web based version is only till August :ok:

Would just like to say thanks to the last two replies that have appeared on the messageboard.

Ave taken these suggestions on board. I have booked my flight today. £345.

How long have you got in Kyiv? I know on the way back its half a day, but going out it is couple of hours? Keep a eye on the airport situation.... all international flights fly in to a new terminal that was built for the 2012 Euros, domestic flights use the original airport, and flights to ex-Soviet Countries (except the Baltics) have moved into the old international terminal, so you will probably have to switch about terminals, but this might change next year as I know they plan to close down one of the two old terminals.

How long have you got in Kyiv? I know on the way back its half a day, but going out it is couple of hours? Keep a eye on the airport situation.... all international flights fly in to a new terminal that was built for the 2012 Euros, domestic flights use the original airport, and flights to ex-Soviet Countries (except the Baltics) have moved into the old international terminal, so you will probably have to switch about terminals, but this might change next year as I know they plan to close down one of the two old terminals.

Just over six hours. You are correct in saying that its about half a day in Kiev coming back the way.

Never been to either Kiev or Tbilisi. You're information you have given me on the airport stituation is quite valueable.

Thanx once again.

Edited by PHATBOY_AK47

Just over six hours. You are correct in saying that its about half a day in Kiev coming back the way.

Never been to either Kiev or Tbilisi. You're information you have given me on the airport stituation is quite valueable.

Thanx once again.

No problem, heading out via Kyiv, but heading back via Doha (actually worked out cheaper for me, as I needed the extra few days in Kyiv before hand)

Try booking through Edreams. I just booked Edinburgh - Istanbul, three nights in Istanbul, Istanbul to Tiblisi, three nights in Tiblisi,flying back to Edinburgh via Istanbul on the way home, morning after the game. £270 each. Cheap flights were still there last night. No accomodation sorted yet. Looking for advice re Istanbul.

Anybody else on the tues 1st sep 1605 edinburgh tbilisi via istanbul arriving 0320 or are we the only mugs doing that ?

We are but staying over in Istanbul that night and continuing to Tbilisi the following night

After several hours of trying different permutations, I booked through edreams too, even with their £15 'admin' fee, still came out slightly cheaper than booking direct through Turkish airlines.

Out on the Tuesday, Gatwick - Istanbul, 2 nights in Istanbul and Thursday flight Istanbul to Tbilisi.

Tbilisi - Gatwick on the Sunday with 1.5 hour stop at Istanbul

Flight times are all good too.

£260

Anybody else on the tues 1st sep 1605 edinburgh tbilisi via istanbul arriving 0320 or are we the only mugs doing that ?

Yep. 4 here.

Booked last night although we fancied a wee sesh in Istanbul so our Istanbul flight to Tblisi is 7.30am on the Wed arriving at 10.30am. Did a similar sesh heading to Moldova in 2004. A brilliant wee 5 hours on the beer and kebabs.

Tuesday to Sunday - 3 Nights Tblisi 1 night Istanbul either side for some culture, with a whole day and night on the Saturday in Istanbul.

Turkish airlines Edin - Istanbul - Tblisi. £320pp.

Just booked.

Thursday flight from Gatwick to Istanbul. One night in the Amari hotel.

Fly early Friday to Tbilisi and stay there for 2 nights then fly back to Gatwick on Sunday in time for Germany game.

Staying at Betsy's in Tbilisi and flights with Turkish Airlines.

Total cost for the trip is £553.

• 3 weeks later...