Tickets For Traveling Fans - Not Harvesting - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tickets For Traveling Fans - Not Harvesting

albagubrath87

I am a long time SSC member and go to all homes games and as many away games as possible. I'm currently on 4pts and I could of easily harvested a point for my old man and his mate who are making the trip to Georgia. But I refused to harvest.

So, with me unable to make this particular trip and what appears to be our away ticket allocation now sold. (On 2 Pts) I'm looking to aquire 2 x tickets for the game so that my dad and his mate can (preferably) sit amongst the TA.

He's starting to panic that he won't get one.

He's emailed the SFA and they've said they be 100% no chance of a ticket at the pick up point. That they were for members only.

Please assist a fellow footsolider

Cheers

This has got to be a wind up? You're asking fans that

(may or may not have)have bought tickets with no intention of traveling to supply a ticket for your " old man". Something you could have done but were not willing to take a chance on

Edited by tam4ritchie

IMO everyone in a kilt will be shoved in the away end. Just taking a guess.

J

I'm not so sure, were you there last time? There was row upon row of police outside in the approach to the stadium and I had to show my ticket about 8 -10 times and have it inspected. It's possibly the earliest I've ever got to a stadium (having been pre warned) but it took a good 30 minutes to get through the Security checks even though there was only a handful of TA there that early.

I'm not so sure, were you there last time? There was row upon row of police outside in the approach to the stadium and I had to show my ticket about 8 -10 times and have it inspected. It's possibly the earliest I've ever got to a stadium (having been pre warned) but it took a good 30 minutes to get through the Security checks even though there was only a handful of TA there that early.

No I wasn't. I guess Georgia isn't like Italy.

Thanks for the heads up.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

Haha,

I can see the irony of how that sounds like I'm asking harvesters for a ticket. Where I wouldn't harvest one myself as I don't believe in it. although it seem you get shafted for doing the right thing too many times. so yes I would buy one for someone not making the trip.

Like previous trips, it's easy to obtain a home end ticket and end up at the away end anyway.

Main thing is, I'm trying aquire 2 tickets. Preferably away end. But would take home end - just can't find anything. On the Georgia fa website to buy tickets.

Frustrating to know that a high percentage of folk will have a ticket sitting in the house, gaining a point but the ticket won't get used.

System needs looked at - or those caught should be punished to avoid this happening in the first place.

Edited by albagubrath87

Me and a a mate got a home end ticket from the wee kiosks outside the game last time round. I do remember the security checks but getting into Scotland end was not a problem, no questions asked even after showing the ticket to Police. We did joint a larger group of scots outside and mingled in with them when we went through security.

Don't believe in Harvesting??? Jesus flipping Christ it's hardly crime of the century, hate all the goodie 2 shoes who go on and on about this, if people want to take tickets then pass them on then so flipping what.

Not goody two shoes mate just honest proper fans that have paid a fortune to get Georgia but can't get a ticket because of harvesters who at end of day are just buying a ticket so they can get to the bigger games but can't be arsed going to the harder to get games and not giving new guys a chance so no not goody two shoes just not a selfish ##### ???

Not goody two shoes mate just honest proper fans that have paid a fortune to get Georgia but can't get a ticket because of harvesters who at end of day are just buying a ticket so they can get to the bigger games but can't be arsed going to the harder to get games and not giving new guys a chance so no not goody two shoes just not a selfish ##### ???

Put your tampon in. Just accept many people might actually be going to this one. Look after the high pointers who deserve them. They have done the hard graft and get over the harvesting nonsense.

Put your tampon in. Just accept many people might actually be going to this one. Look after the high pointers who deserve them. They have done the hard graft and get over the harvesting nonsense.

As I have said on many occasions if I've missed out because 2000 fans are travelling then I don't have a problem not getting a ticket just have a major issue with idiots buying tickets just so they can get a point instead of a hard working fan who has forked out a small fortune to get to this game I'm not the only one either as I've said if you have got a ticket because you have more points and you are going to the game I have absoulty no problem what so ever

As I have said on many occasions if I've missed out because 2000 fans are travelling then I don't have a problem not getting a ticket just have a major issue with idiots buying tickets just so they can get a point instead of a hard working fan who has forked out a small fortune to get to this game I'm not the only one either as I've said if you have got a ticket because you have more points and you are going to the game I have absoulty no problem what so ever

You could not be more right in everything you've said, in your previous posts and this one

Being at home games for many,many years but just through my own perosnal circimstances I have been unable to travel away except from England friendly where I got my first point which I will also lose after gibraltar (I am travelling and I expect a ticket through the ssc)

Didn't book travel to Georgia as I was sure I wouldn't get a ticket as is now the case.

As someone basically starting out in this game a "newbie" a position everyone was once in Im looking for opportuinites to build points. There is no problem with people on higher points having tickets and attending games, there will ALWAYS be the MINORITY gaining points unfairly, but I think they are far out weighed by those who are honest and arent travelling who will not buy a ticket creating chances for me and others like me to pick up an away end ticket.

Being at home games for many,many years but just through my own perosnal circimstances I have been unable to travel away except from England friendly where I got my first point which I will also lose after gibraltar (I am travelling and I expect a ticket through the ssc)

Didn't book travel to Georgia as I was sure I wouldn't get a ticket as is now the case.

As someone basically starting out in this game a "newbie" a position everyone was once in Im looking for opportuinites to build points. There is no problem with people on higher points having tickets and attending games, there will ALWAYS be the MINORITY gaining points unfairly, but I think they are far out weighed by those who are honest and arent travelling who will not buy a ticket creating chances for me and others like me to pick up an away end ticket.

It has never been easier to get points as it has over the last couple of years. Away tickets have been available to everyone for something like more that 15 of the last 20 away games.

I am still sure that everyone going to Georgia will get a ticket and a point via the SSC (presuming they are members).

I am still sure that everyone going to Georgia will get a ticket and a point via the SSC (presuming they are members).

Agreed, it may have been easier this campign but circumstances didnt allow me to travel away however the next campign could have a couple of very small away allocations.

So you are saying if I now decicde to travel I'll get an official away end ticket even though they sold out to those on two points?

Im not sure I understand, am I missing something?

Not goody two shoes mate just honest proper fans that have paid a fortune to get Georgia but can't get a ticket because of harvesters who at end of day are just buying a ticket so they can get to the bigger games but can't be arsed going to the harder to get games and not giving new guys a chance so no not goody two shoes just not a selfish #####

Absolutely

Agreed, it may have been easier this campign but circumstances didnt allow me to travel away however the next campign could have a couple of very small away allocations.

So you are saying if I now decicde to travel I'll get an official away end ticket even though they sold out to those on two points?

Im not sure I understand, am I missing something?

I don't want to say book and you don't get a ticket but I think the SSC will come up with a way of getting tickets for everyone who travels to Georgia.

Why don't you give them a call and see what they say.

Edited by tartanpar

It has never been easier to get points as it has over the last couple of years. Away tickets have been available to everyone for something like more that 15 of the last 20 away games.

Agreed. I can appreciate it is not everyone who can travel to the majority of away matches, but I'd fallen off the points ladder a long while before gaining a first point for the England game. I'd travelled to the Netherlands in 2009 and didn't get a ticket (think there was a ballot? Can't remember) and the double header of Cardiff and Brussels, ended up with a ticket in Cardiff but not in Brussels.

After Wembley though I went to the Poland and Nigeria friendlies which anyone going could've got a point for, which got me high enough for Germany, then Poland, and subsequently Dublin.

I'm absolutely gutted I can't make Georgia mind, but with the games we've had in the last couple of years, the opportunities to get on the ladder have been there.

I hope that there will be 2000 Scots in Tiblisi and that talk of large scale harvesting ends up just being that.

I am a long time SSC member and go to all homes games and as many away games as possible. I'm currently on 4pts and I could of easily harvested a point for my old man and his mate who are making the trip to Georgia. But I refused to harvest.

So, with me unable to make this particular trip and what appears to be our away ticket allocation now sold. (On 2 Pts) I'm looking to aquire 2 x tickets for the game so that my dad and his mate can (preferably) sit amongst the TA.

He's starting to panic that he won't get one.

He's emailed the SFA and they've said they be 100% no chance of a ticket at the pick up point. That they were for members only.

Please assist a fellow footsolider

Cheers

:wtf: