Real Fans Being Denied Tickets - Simple Solution... - Page 2 - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Real Fans Being Denied Tickets - Simple Solution...

Marty

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough but then I should definitely get a point for it.

I shouldn't be denied tickets for future games because I travelled a long distance but harvesters meant that I couldn't get a ticket through the usual proccess.

You would get a point. Did something similar myself when we played Czech Republic in Prague in 2010 - what a game that was!!

LOL, so the Georgian FA being Mickey Mouse actually makes the SSC do what many of us want, 100% pickup. You couldn't make it up! With just 3 weeks before the game I would think the sfa would normally have the tickets by now.As I stated she said it MIGHT be a 100% pick up

Edited by DINGI

You would get a point. Did something similar myself when we played Czech Republic in Prague in 2010 - what a game that was!!

Fair play - that's a good sign..

Mind you, we should have got a bonus point for having to sit through that one!

Took me months of counselling fo get over it.

Edited by Marty

However the tickets were sold first come first served. Which wasn't right as it meant 0 pointers got tickets before say 2 pointers. Not ideal. It was utter chaos at the collection as well.

I had to collect that game and had to barge to the front when I realised the bulk of the queue were just ticketless fans.

J

However the tickets were sold first come first served. Which wasn't right as it meant 0 pointers got tickets before say 2 pointers. Not ideal. It was utter chaos at the collection as well.

I had to collect that game and had to barge to the front when I realised the bulk of the queue were just ticketless fans.

J

Yup.

I had a few points but had to sit in the home end because I was staying in Munich.

Wasn't ideal.

I'm over it though.

J

Prague was chaos. They knew I was travelling on 3 points but 'couldn't' keep me a ticket to collect.

Is there any evidence that 2,000 people are actually travelling to Tbilisi? I have spoken to mates in my club who normally travel and not many are going this time. Due to the lateness of the offer, in fact, I think this will, almost certainly, be a pick up. For the avoidance of doubt, I am going myself via Turkish Airlines/Istanbul.

Let's hope this is correct and it actually a good ploy that the sfa are using to see who are potential harvesters and who arnt maybe the harvesters that cancel will be made to pick up for next 5 games

How would you differentiate between someone " at it" and someone that lets say is in hospital suffering from hear failure?

Genuinely surprised, and delighted, that those sort of numbers are travelling.

I know there is always a talk of harvesting (always exaggerated imo) so I suppose this will tell us once and for all at what scale it's going on.

Bit gutted I can't make this one, stag do in Liverpool.

For those of you travelling and still don't have a ticket, keep phoning them right up to the day you travel even if it sells out. Lad in our group was on zero points for Germany and I rung them the morning before the game. They had 4 tickets from guys returning them. He got one which in truth is a bit unfair as there were guys on 1 and 2 points in the home end but apparently the SSC won't do a waiting list so it's just your luck.

Good luck lads and lassies, and stay safe :ok:

Genuinely surprised, and delighted, that those sort of numbers are travelling.

I know there is always a talk of harvesting (always exaggerated imo) so I suppose this will tell us once and for all at what scale it's going on.

Bit gutted I can't make this one, stag do in Liverpool.

For those of you travelling and still don't have a ticket, keep phoning them right up to the day you travel even if it sells out. Lad in our group was on zero points for Germany and I rung them the morning before the game. They had 4 tickets from guys returning them. He got one which in truth is a bit unfair as there were guys on 1 and 2 points in the home end but apparently the SSC won't do a waiting list so it's just your luck.

Good luck lads and lassies, and stay safe :ok:

My brother was in the same boat for Gemany, it's just by chance really.

Theres a squad of 4 of us going. Myself on 7, two boys on 6 and one who's coming to his first proper away game after Wembley who is only on 1. Even if the 2000 sell out before they go on sale to 1 pointers, I would be confident if he phoned the SSC in a fortnight there will almost definitely have been 50+ cancellations

You will never stop harvesters almost impossible but this game highlights the need to make it as difficult as possible £3 a ticket and only punishment is red mark and next three games got to pick up I'm ALMOST tempted to by my 2 sons (who are not going) a ticket but I won't so come sfa please sort this out

What " punishment " do you think should he handed out

Usually a decent few of us travel but there's only two of us this time, myself and a lad who hasn't been able to travel away for a couple of years and is, therefore, back to zero points.

I got my ticket sorted over the weekend but, given the latest Tweets from the SSC, he seems resigned to travelling without a ticket.

If he has to watch in the pub, I'm sure a rammed Scotland end of 2,000 will make him feel a bit more contented - but I'm not holding my breath that that'll be the numbers actually travelling...

A fri night in Tbilisi requires a lot more than a sat evening game in Dublin

Phicsake ............... it better no be as dear as Dublin :cheers3: