Any Blue Noses In Dortmund - Page 2 - Germany v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Any Blue Noses In Dortmund

Exil-Scot

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a few that I spoke to. There was one who was at the Duisburg game who got chucked out for trying to wave a Yes flag in amongst the ultras!!!

I spoke to fans from loads off different clubs in general conversation in both Dusseldorf and in Dortmund but at the end off the day we were there for one reason only

was at the game myself did see the the guy being asked not to show his flag which he dually obliged was not overly keen on the younger support who said a few times that you can not take photos of our fans incededenly the lads got there flag stolen from the ultras don't think they found it the lads from Aberdeen but in general it was a good atmosphere and the locals where brand new the lads who got there flag stolen got invited back to the Duisburg supporters club for free beer

I'm a Rangers supporter and I was in Dortmund! I wonder if was the only one? I think it's very sad that I had to be in "disguise" .. I Support Rangers and Scotland from the bottom of my heart .. So I really would like to know if there was a wee bunch of Rangers fans ?

Rangers fans make up the highest majority of SPL clubs in the tartan army, according to the data they collected for last years campaigns season ticket sales. How that reflects on the travelling support that was in Dortmund who knows. Personally who cares. We are all there to support the same team.

Rangers fans make up the highest majority of SPL clubs in the tartan army, according to the data they collected for last years campaigns season ticket sales. How that reflects on the travelling support that was in Dortmund who knows. Personally who cares. We are all there to support the same team.

Nope.

That's Aberdeen FC.

Rangers play in one of the Lower Leagues - not sure which one tbh be honest B)

I am a raith fan but when i go to scotland games i am a scotland fan first and foremost.There is an unwritten rule amongst our lot that we dont bring club football into it on trips or to home games.It sometimes comes round to club sides at times when sitting having a drink but it never lasts long.Its the same as politics and anything else we discuss,laugh,take the piss etc then move on.I personally couldnt care less who supports who at home as long as they are there supporting scotland.We are all jock tamsins bairns after all.I met dunfermline,east fife,dundee utd,aberdeen,rangers and dundee fans and everyone one of them were brilliant and we are all now friends for life.Maybe no with the pars fan right enough just joking gilly honest :-))

Edited by HIGHTOWER 1314

was at the game myself did see the the guy being asked not to show his flag which he dually obliged was not overly keen on the younger support who said a few times that you can not take photos of our fans incededenly the lads got there flag stolen from the ultras don't think they found it the lads from Aberdeen but in general it was a good atmosphere and the locals where brand new the lads who got there flag stolen got invited back to the Duisburg supporters club for free beer

It was our flag and yes it was stolen by the Duisburg ultras. Not our greatest idea to tie it to the fence behind the goal though so wont make mistake again! The majority of the Duisburg fans were brilliant, especially Helle who was kind enough to treat all Scotland fans to free beers and food back at his pub after the game.

In return to this we did a regular whip round and I think the pub ended up with few hundred euros donation for putting up with us for a few hours.

All in all a great day out with the Duisburg fans and fellow TA

We had a rangers supporter in our group however he was supporting germany. Sang the german national anthem cheered for the german goals and not even a squeak for scotland. He is scottish as well says he doesn't relate to the tartan army and think there is bit of an annoyance towards the SFA cause of there treatment of rangers. He also has an england top. Don't think its a view of all rangers fans but definitely fitted the rangers stereotype view

He put post up on Facebook saying tartan army were obsessed because they sang we hate rangers and switched of the national anthem on the way home.

The fans were singing to the germans we hate england more than you and they were singing it back and the reason the national anthem was switched off was because we were going through a tunnel !!!!!

Confirmation bias where he see what he wants to fit his opinion.

We had a rangers supporter in our group however he was supporting germany. Sang the german national anthem cheered for the german goals and not even a squeak for scotland. He is scottish as well says he doesn't relate to the tartan army and think there is bit of an annoyance towards the SFA cause of there treatment of rangers. He also has an england top. Don't think its a view of all rangers fans but definitely fitted the rangers stereotype view

He put post up on Facebook saying tartan army were obsessed because they sang we hate rangers and switched of the national anthem on the way home.

The fans were singing to the germans we hate england more than you and they were singing it back and the reason the national anthem was switched off was because we were going through a tunnel !!!!!

Confirmation bias where he see what he wants to fit his opinion.

I can't think why anyone would want to be a friend with a bell end like this :ok: