Creating Or Joining A Ta Club - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Creating Or Joining A Ta Club

Mazziessc

Is that not a bit of s contradiction ? You are saying only a small percentage wouldn't be in a reg TA yet none of your 30 mates are ?

I can imagine a large % are in SSC as its the formal way to get away tickets

No.

He's saying most of his 30 mates are in the SSC.

None are in a 'Tartan Army Club'.

was badly worded but get the gist cheers

I take it the Cyprus TA meets in a phone box ?

( on a serous note is there a certain criteria minimum number before you can get accredited/to ATAC, )

Edited by Newryrep

was badly worded but get the gist cheers

I take it the Cyprus TA meets in a phone box ?

( on a serous note is there a certain criteria minimum number before you can get accredited/to ATAC, )

Yes, I can't remember what it is but it's not particularly high.

Was it not 100+ members to join ATAC, then relaxed to 50+ few years back and now scrapped?

Not sure it was ever as high as that but my memory is a bit vague. Hey what do I know though, I only drafted the constitution!

As I said before, I haven't been involved for a couple of years so I've no idea what the current situation is but it's always been about being as inclusive as possible.

Not sure it was ever as high as that but my memory is a bit vague. Hey what do I know though, I only drafted the constitution!

As I said before, I haven't been involved for a couple of years so I've no idea what the current situation is but it's always been about being as inclusive as possible.

Talking few years now but ny memory is the 100+ members was the reason for the breakaway clubs who left ATAC and tried to set up their own version of ATAC (but SFA were not interested in talking to them) and the criteria on member numbers was relaxed few years later to get more clubs involved.

Talking few years now but ny memory is the 100+ members was the reason for the breakaway clubs who left ATAC and tried to set up their own version of ATAC (but SFA were not interested in talking to them) and the criteria on member numbers was relaxed few years later to get more clubs involved.

Again from memory, it was originally 50 members for full membership and 25 members for Associate membership which ulitimately was dropped and 25 members was adopted across the board. It's worth noting that these are SSC members.

Clubs have left ATAC over the years for a number of reasons including being unable/unwilling to prove that they met the membership criteria.

Is that not a bit of s contradiction ? You are saying only a small percentage wouldn't be in a reg TA yet none of your 30 mates are ?

I can imagine a large % are in SSC as its the formal way to get away tickets

It would be a contradiction had I said that. But I didn't.

I said a small % are in a TA club.

Edited by Squirrelhumper