Big Scrap - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Big Scrap

wembley67lisbon

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed.

Controversially I may add that I think that the kilt and the rest is a little bit old hat !!

The old stories you hear at the games "got the cheap flights " booked back in the day...

Came hear with ma ruck sack bla bla bla with only ma kilt.............Yes cool back in the 90's .

Open for discussion only a thought !!

Controversially I may add that I think that the kilt and the rest is a little bit old hat !!

The old stories you hear at the games "got the cheap flights " booked back in the day...

Came hear with ma ruck sack bla bla bla with only ma kilt.............Yes cool back in the 90's .

Open for discussion only a thought !!

Toothbrush in the sporran

No luggage

There were no cheap flights back in the day

Even not so long ago some places weren't cheap. Estonia in 1999 and Latvia in 2000 to name two. Couldn't fly direct either if I remember right. We had to fly via Stockholm to both and it was £340 to get to Tallinn with SAS. Think they only flew 3 or 4 days a week too.

Even not so long ago some places weren't cheap. Estonia in 1999 and Latvia in 2000 to name two. Couldn't fly direct either if I remember right. We had to fly via Stockholm to both and it was £340 to get to Tallinn with SAS. Think they only flew 3 or 4 days a week too.

I think SAS used to offer something called a Jackpot ticket which was an open jaw return. We used that to go London to Riga via Copenhagen and back from Tallinn via Stockholm. Don't recall how much it was but £300 sounds about right. Of course the cost of the flights was well outweighed by how cheap it was when you got there.

The other thing that was useful was the 2 for 1 offers that the newspapers did where you had to collect coupons.

Latvia in 2000 our mate from West Kilbride worked for BMI, who had a link up with SAS, so we were able to get Glasgow-London-Stockholm-Riga on a friends and family discount.

First time we used Ryanair was San Marino it cost £500 for 3 of us to do Glasgow-London-Venice.....