David Starkey.....again - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

David Starkey.....again

I dont get this in a bigger sense...

Starkey is unhinged, but he's a trouble maker, he's found that insulting Scotland is good for his PR...... (on a point of correctness he implied the Bavarian's are Nazis and that the national dress of Germany is Lederhosen.... neither of these things are remotely true).

However there are a seemingly endless line of unionist politicians, bloggers, journos and other major and minor actors in the political sphere who seem incapable of any reason or judgement when it comes to the SNP. All they seem to be able to do is hurl insults, abuse and shout 'Nazi' - what is wrong with them, it makes them look like looneys - Ian Smart and Starkey are not alone, there is an army of them online and even Nick Robinson recently tried implying there is something racist about wanting to run your own economy.

Its clearly a mental thing to say, what is wrong with them ? I just dont get it - doesnt it just damage their case and make them look desperate ? Do they really believe it ?

I'm still stunned (I don't know why) at how easy, common-place, condoned and routinely acceptable it's become to throw casual racism, slander, slurs, lies and ridiculous insults at Scotland in general and the SNP in particular.

Astonishing.

An anti-semite who seems to enjoy comparing individuals to well-known Nazis. Think he's got a fetish for jack-boots and swastikas himself, so best just ignore the odious cretin.

Is Starkey not Jewish himself? I thought I read that somewhere else this morning.

For what it's worth Starkey is someone who's realised that while he'll get some publicity due to the shock value of his comments, the net effect is that he keeps needing to up his game in order to continue to shock people and get more publicity for himself.

He's like someone that started off by flashing in a small village. On the trajectory that he's following, he's presently whacking off furiously in the window of a Boots in a medium size commuter town.

He's an English poof slagging us off - do we stand and take it?

No, but if you want to show the world how tolerant, sophisticated and modern Scotland is in comparison to a tedious, racist blawhard like Starkey you don't do it by referencing his nationality and sexual orientation.

Edited by neilser