Roi Scotland Match Thread - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Roi Scotland Match Thread

Slide tackle

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They're not a good side. I know it's a danger game for us but it's a mental thing more than anything. It helps it's the first game of a double header and we'll be properly focused and fresh - but we have to win.

They are quite a poor team and I do think we will beat them but it won't be easy. There are very few easy away games these days.

I do hope I'm wrong though.

They are quite a poor team and I do think we will beat them but it won't be easy. There are very few easy away games these days.

I do hope I'm wrong though.

I'd agree. One goal will do it though so feel Gordon must go more attacking. A side like Marshall, Hutton, Robertson, Martin, Mulgrew, Morrison, Brown, Maloney, Naismith, Anya and Fletcher.

Not at our best yesterday but enough to keep the Irish out of reach!

One thing from being over there, how many Irish thought/think they are a better team than Scotland - WTF

Had to bite my tongue on several occasions from saying, who the f**k do you think you's are??

Seriously, some of them thought a given right to win yesterday due to having better players all over the park

The general consensus with Eire fans with me was both teams are as shite as each other

Sorry but watching the match at my brother's house I had my thoughts confirmed. Ireland are highly physical and their goals come very largely from set-pieces such as corners and free-kicks with crosses into the box. They lack any creativity to play the ball through midfield. We, on the other hand, can and often do play it from the back on the deck through midfield and up to the forwards but never did it so well yesterday but we try to play football on the deck hence our goals in this group have been better as in well worked goals.

The Irish fans should perhaps heed the words of Niall Quinn who conceded Scotland are the better side. Also watched RTE's post-match views and they were damning of the lack of quality they have in midfield and what is coming through. Liam Brady hit the nail on the head when he said there is just no playmaker in midfield who can dictate the midfield and they lack creativity.

Wasn't the best of games but I didn't expect exhibition football. The irish had to come and attack us as nothing other than a win was good enough for them.

yet again Strachan and the boys got the job done even in difficult circumstances.

Some are a little harsh on a few players and Strachan. We are in a great place right now so let's enjoy it.

Sorry but watching the match at my brother's house I had my thoughts confirmed. Ireland are highly physical and their goals come very largely from set-pieces such as corners and free-kicks with crosses into the box. They lack any creativity to play the ball through midfield. We, on the other hand, can and often do play it from the back on the deck through midfield and up to the forwards but never did it so well yesterday but we try to play football on the deck hence our goals in this group have been better as in well worked goals.

The Irish fans should perhaps heed the words of Niall Quinn who conceded Scotland are the better side. Also watched RTE's post-match views and they were damning of the lack of quality they have in midfield and what is coming through. Liam Brady hit the nail on the head when he said there is just no playmaker in midfield who can dictate the midfield and they lack creativity.

Trust me when I say any Ireland fan who follows the team properly knows we ain't in a great place at the minute.

We have issues in some areas that need to be addressed. ..Definitely

Whoever has better players....doesn't make a difference.

11 messi's don't necessarily make a great team.

It's pretty obvious to most Ireland fans that currently Scotland have a better team than us. A team that may not have amy superstars but have a belief and trust in their manager and a team that know their roles are and do it well as a unit.....that goes a long way in football.

Ireland don't have this at the moment and anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising

It is the craft that is missing Green_Tide_Rising in my honest opinion. Perhaps that is why Martin O'Neill prefers to go aerial more of the time to by-pass midfield due to the lack of cutting edge quality in there. I mean I can only go on the games against us and goals you have scored in this tournie and it almost entirely brute strength-based with very little attacking guile. Why that is you will probably know better. Are there any youngsters with more guile out there waiting in the wings not being given a chance? According to the RTE panel they were very damning and described the players coming through being like a 'black hole' as there was nothing. Even that panel weree swaying towards the view point that if Ireland don't qualify (looks unlikely now) that O'Neill won't be offered a contract.

It is the craft that is missing Green_Tide_Rising in my honest opinion. Perhaps that is why Martin O'Neill prefers to go aerial more of the time to by-pass midfield due to the lack of cutting edge quality in there. I mean I can only go on the games against us and goals you have scored in this tournie and it almost entirely brute strength-based with very little attacking guile. Why that is you will probably know better. Are there any youngsters with more guile out there waiting in the wings not being given a chance? According to the RTE panel they were very damning and described the players coming through being like a 'black hole' as there was nothing. Even that panel weree swaying towards the view point that if Ireland don't qualify (looks unlikely now) that O'Neill won't be offered a contract.

Nae craft? Hoolahan was running the show for them before MON explicably took him off.