Silly Things You Did As A Kid/teenager - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Silly Things You Did As A Kid/teenager

Stink bombs in the City Library. That was about the extent of my mischievous behaviour. I was a feartie when it came to authority and a generally pretty well behaved young loon. Was always too busy playing fitba to get into any real trouble.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When bored at home me and my pal put my hamster in a salad spinner to make it dizzy when I was about ten. Poor wee thing wobbled about for ages after a good spin.

169660243_ecaf8fae90_z.jpg?zz=1

i was a wee shite!

Edited by kmcca5

When we were about 8, on holiday on Islay we sprayed loads of wd40 on the bottom of an old plastic sledge and convinced our other not so bright pal to slide down a massive hill on it. (No snow at the time) he shot off gaining speed all the time until we saw was him flying through the air when the sled hit a rock. Miraculously there were no broken bones.

When me and my pals were younger, we used to wander around on bonfire night sabotaging other peoples bonfires.

One of my favourite tricks was to secrectly slip a tin of lentil soup in the fire and wander off. A short time later, the tin would explode and molten veg would spray the people round the fire. We also used to chuck in cans of deoderant which was a bit more spectacular.

Not the cleverest move but kids are pretty stupid and I was no exception.

We also used to see who could jump over the biggest section of the bonfire while wearing shell suits!!

Used to use my dads LPG industral size gas tank as a flame thrower - used to set a wee fire, and then let rip wth 20 feet of LPG (was meant to be for grain drier on farm )

must have been around 3-5 when i got hold of 0.22 bullets and was hitting with a hammer setting them off

remember 1 time we were out on the rake on our bikes, (around 8/9 year old) and found bag full of scud mags, beside the River Urie, decamped to a graveyard for us all to scratch through - seen later 1 of the guys had shat behind a grave stone :-(

Bernando's used to be round the school every year with their collection box - mine was quite full when i handed it back - brother nae happy i had shoved all his savings coins into the Bernardos' box

Remember at Primary School, the Universities used to come round collecting money, and with wee water pistols to shoot the kids - we appeared with Industrial size syringes and soaked hell out of them - primary school eh.

Classic at secondary school, happened a few times, during winter that tradesmen were doing painting, joinery work etc - kids used to pelt hell out of them with snowballs, 1 time they came running out of a digger chasing the kids, but got pushed to ground cos you were speaking about all the kids aroind 30-50 piling in, They had to go hide in their van, and then drove away, with kids still dinging snowballs off their van .

I certainly wasn't one of the bad kids at school but I did find myself suspended for the maximum permitted, I think, two weeks in my 4th year along with two of my mates.

We had discovered there was money to be made in in selling bottles of Poppers for a fiver that we had bought for next to nothing, about 60 bottles in total, on a trip to Glasgow. We took a wee turn in to Argyle Street to pick up our supplies.

On getting back home and at school on the Monday word had spread that we were selling these and soon a couple of dozen folk had them. I suppose it was inevitable someone was going to get caught. I actually think we were reported but it all started with folk getting caught with them in the toilet and of course it made its way back to us. It certainly sounded like the Senior Staff knew what was going on by the time by the time I got called in. Some of the info they had was incredible and it was hard to deny.

So the three of us got the full two weeks off and some others who got caught with them got a few days. I remember it was in the Star or some other paper under the headline 'Sex drug shocker rocks school'

The two weeks off were pretty good, golf in the morning and tennis or football in the afternoon. One day in particular the three of us were playing football and one of the PE teachers passed finding it difficult to hide her smile.

We even had a visits from Social Work at home, which was probably routine but it felt crazy considering all three of us were otherwise really grounded lads who got on well at school.

For weeks after folk would be up asking us if we had any left - of course we did, but we kept any dealings well away from the school.

I both laugh and cringe a bit at it now - probably mostly when I think of how my mum and dad probably felt.

Not sure if it is on here but in the early 70's we used to play in the condemned tenements in Govan. One of the stupid things we did was to edge across the ledges from window to window to get into locked out flats. Problem was this was two, sometimes three stories up. We also used to play on the roofs.

Edited by EddardStark