Irish Vrs England - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Irish Vrs England

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really not much of a game so far but a few observations:

• Crowd are flat, but it looks a cracking stadium to watch fitba in. Should be a cracking atmosphere next week.
  • Ireland work very very hard for each other. No real surprise as O'Neill's teams have always been very good at mixing it. We MUST match this.
  • Surprised at how much of a handful Murphy looks. Ignorance on my part as I've seen little of him. He likely to feature next week?
  • Ireland's height and strength at set-play's worry me. Guys like Hutton must stay disciplined and not fly into stupid tackles or it could be our undoing.

Not basing much on this friendly but I really do think this game could go either way next week. I believe us to be a bit better at holding onto the ball but this will be very much like a derby match. A draw would be a decent result but I really do hope we go for it. Teams are evenly matched so no reason we can't go and win imo.

Edited by Angus_Young

Just back from game....bit surprised at some of comments on here considering yere performance against qatar......end of season friendlies folks..read nothing into them.

On a good note...great to see no trouble from England fans and it was a very emotional moment seeing Big Jack Charlton back on the pitch on lansdowne road.

To quote Paul Scholes. ....

"It was a borefest...but this place will be very different next Saturday against Scotland. ....it will be bouncing "

http://www.balls.ie/football/paul-scholes-on-ireland-vs-england/295895

Just back from game....bit surprised at some of comments on here considering yere performance against qatar......end of season friendlies folks..read nothing into them.

On a good note...great to see no trouble from England fans and it was a very emotional moment seeing Big Jack Charlton back on the pitch on lansdowne road.

To quote Paul Scholes. ....

"It was a borefest...but this place will be very different next Saturday against Scotland. ....it will be bouncing "

http://www.balls.ie/football/paul-scholes-on-ireland-vs-england/295895

I don't see any negative comments here...

Never said there was negative comments.

Was surprised that ppl were surprised that it was the borefest it was

Your game today and ours on Friday were a waste of time in many senses. They were just glorified training sessions,without the intensity. Nobody will learn anything from them and they will have absolutely no impact on Saturdays game.

Other than the money our respective FA's received we would have been better off without them

Your game today and ours on Friday were a waste of time in many senses. They were just glorified training sessions,without the intensity. Nobody will learn anything from them and they will have absolutely no impact on Saturdays game.

Other than the money our respective FA's received we would have been better off without them

Excellently put mate