Gordon (Twenty Not Out) - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Gordon (Twenty Not Out)

scotsgary1

All,

Tonight Gordon leads us out for the twentieth time with an impressive over 50% win rate.

Can only think of one game where we have looked outclassed that was England at home last year for which excuses can be made for.

I would pick out Germany away in Dortmund as our best performance although sadly getting beaten was one of our best recent performances.

All comments welcome cheers.

Gary.

Scotland fan.

The few games at the start of his time with a hang over from Craig Levein were a bit iffy, Wales in particular was not our finest moment. Since then we look like a different team under him, still a long way to go!

The few games at the start of his time with a hang over from Craig Levein were a bit iffy, Wales in particular was not our finest moment. Since then we look like a different team under him, still a long way to go!

Agree with Wales but that was to soon for Gordon damage already been done imo.

Agree with Wales but that was to soon for Gordon damage already been done imo.

I think that was my lowest point, I almost jacked in going to the games after that. I ended up missing Belgium and Croatia games because of the Birth of my second son but was soon drawn back!

Edited by kmcca5

First couple of games can over look as I think Gordon did not have a idea of the style of play he wanted us to go forward with and used the chance to try some new idea's.

Some worked, some didn't..... but he had a massive mess to sort out and was surprised he got it fixed as soon as he did.

I really did worry going in to Zagreb, as there was the strong possibility we could have been looking at 4/5 on the trot with defeat....Wales, Serbia, Croatia, England (if the buck had continues), Belgium and then your first winnable game being Macedonia (and no guarantee of a win there if that run had continued) which could have seen the fans and media turn on him very fast.

Croatia at home I would say was our best performance, as not since Ukraine at Hampden did we play a game with such confidence I feel.... with Gibraltar being the only "blip" since then to raise a eyebrow.

First couple of games can over look as I think Gordon did not have a idea of the style of play he wanted us to go forward with and used the chance to try some new idea's.

Some worked, some didn't..... but he had a massive mess to sort out and was surprised he got it fixed as soon as he did.

I really did worry going in to Zagreb, as there was the strong possibility we could have been looking at 4/5 on the trot with defeat....Wales, Serbia, Croatia, England (if the buck had continues), Belgium and then your first winnable game being Macedonia (and no guarantee of a win there if that run had continued) which could have seen the fans and media turn on him very fast.

Croatia at home I would say was our best performance, as not since Ukraine at Hampden did we play a game with such confidence I feel.... with Gibraltar being the only "blip" since then to raise a eyebrow.

In this campaign would you agree that Germany away was our best so far ??

In this campaign would you agree that Germany away was our best so far ??

I think we had a great spell in Germany where we had them against the ropes, but was the same in Warsaw.

Would say both are just as good performances this campaign.

I think we had a great spell in Germany where we had them against the ropes, but was the same in Warsaw.

Would say both are just as good performances this campaign.

Clark,

You seem to know your stats,

Do you know who is the top scorer under Gordon ?

Got a feeling its S Fletcher ?

Maloney isn't it with 5 goals?

That's what I thought.

People forget his free kick in Skopje. Probably been the best player under Strachan with several just behind including Snoddy, Mulgrew, Anya and Brown.

Croatia away two years ago yesterday. Up until that point winning home games was seen as an uphill struggle. Now we're gutted when we don't beat the world champions in they're own back yard!!

I'd say Coratia away has been WGS's best performance because it stopped the rot and got us able to watch matches with more than just blind patriotic hope but a bit of belief we could win.

Croatia at home was a great overall performance considering the opposition but they had pretty much already qualified for the playoffs and we had nothing really at stake.

When's snoddie fit again?

He posted on Twitter a few weeks ago that he was finally back in training, but no word of when a return is set for..... suspect Georgia/Germany will be a tad close for him (though maybe a call up to get him involved with the squad) with strong chance he will be in the squad for Poland/Gibraltar.

Think we will be lucky if we see him back this campaign at all. Shane as he was becoming our best player.

Yep agree, i'm a huge fan of Snoddy another guy who works his arse off and makes use of what abilities he has. Looking forward to having him back.