Champion's League Final - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Champion's League Final

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dreadful decision to disallow a perfectly good goal. Why on earth do FIFA/UEFA persist with officials behind the goal? They either contribute feck all or if they do contribute it is usually with a blunder. I've yet to see one make a decision and get it right.

Appalling.

Edited by DaveyDenoon

I have to admit that I detest Barcelona.

They employ 2 of the biggest cheats in world football, and they've moved from being the underdogs that proudly represented Catalunya, to becoming the ultimate Champions League 'brand'.

'Fans'from Thailand to Japan to Chile to Namibia will be celebrating their win.

Says it all.

They employ 2 of the biggest cheats in world football, and they've moved from being the underdogs that proudly represented Catalunya, to becoming the ultimate Champions League 'brand'.

Says it all.

:)

Says it all.

Almost completely agree.

The only point of disagreement is that I feel sorry for the 'real' Barca fans getting lumped in with 'brand Barca' fans. Not saying that is what you are doing but the crowd shots always seem to be genuine fans rather than fan boys. Also true of Madrid I would say.

This ref is pish.

He got through it is about the best you could say. Was manhandled twice and didn't show cards. Lichtensteiner,Vidal and Pogba all should have got harsher punishment. One shocking challenge on Neymar where he waives play on and doesn't return to book the Juve player when play stopped. He missed a June penalty and disallows a good goal. Totally out of his depth. No doubt Dallas will shake him by the hand and give him full marks!

Almost completely agree.

The only point of disagreement is that I feel sorry for the 'real' Barca fans getting lumped in with 'brand Barca' fans. Not saying that is what you are doing but the crowd shots always seem to be genuine fans rather than fan boys. Also true of Madrid I would say.

You're right of course, Barcelona have plenty (or had) plenty of working-class, traditional fans. They deserve to enjoy their moment.

On the other hand, I remember being at the European Cup final at Wembley in 1992, Barcelona v Sampdoria. Even in those pre-Champions League days, one of things I remember the most was the recollection of so many Barcelona fans being middle-class, cup final tourists.

It seemed like so many of them had hardly been to a football game before. It was weird.

Gutted as I used to always put 3-1 on. Delighted barca won. Fitting end to Xavis Barca career and really good scene at the end with Xavi and Pirlo having a hug and a laugh together, easily two of the best.