St Mirren Vs Motherwell Thread- Paisley Players Playing Without Pressure - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

St Mirren Vs Motherwell Thread- Paisley Players Playing Without Pressure

Who would you rather play Donaldo ?sevco or hibs, QOS looking unlikely.

But as they have an artificial pitch maybe not a bad thing ?

I'd hate playing Qots. having the favourite tag around our necks and losing 3-0 down there! Then imagine being in th championship with Hibs and Rangers!!

Probably HIbs for me. They are notorious shitebags and hopefully their bottle would crash before ours.

Definetly not afraid of playing Rangers but I'd rather not. Don't think I could handle the gloating from bawbags that have never been to ibrox in their puff. Then again beat them and your the team that kept Rangers down lol.

It would be a hard pill to swallow but if we are going down I'd rather go down to Rangers as once it had all died down it would probably be our best chance of coming straight back up...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd hate playing Qots. badger having the favourite tag around our necks and losing 3-0 down there! Then imagine being in th championship with Hibs and Rangers!!

Probably HIbs for me. They are notorious shitebags and hopefully their bottle would crash before ours.

Definetly not afraid of playing Rangers but I'd rather not. Don't think I could handle the gloating from bawbags that have never been to ibrox in their puff. Then again beat them and your the team that kept Rangers down lol.

It would be a hard pill to swallow but if we are going down I'd rather go down to Rangers as once it had all died down it would probably be our best chance of coming straight back up...

I was reading skippy charged with violent conduct, so is due a 3 match ban. Club are in the process of appealing!

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

Good call I think loosing to hibs and having sevco in the championship next season would be tough but not impossible, look at hearts Phoenix from the flames campaign this season. Hibs could bottle it but without skippy we would struggle to beat a pub team, that's my fear going down without a fight.

Disastrous set of results, but Motherwell over the season have not been good enough.

If skippy is out of playoffs due to suspension we are well and truly f@

Earlier in the season Motherwell were above Ross county and St mitten. All three teams kept losing and the Motherwell players must have been thinking so what ? As long as those two teams don't start picking up points.

Congratulations to Ross county on staying up they deserve as do killie, the league table doesn't lie and Motherwell are simply not good enough. The club is in a good place financially and if they are relegated will need to cut their cloth accordingly.

See you in Falkirk for pre match beers next season Brian :ok:

If Motherwell get Hibs they have a chance due to Hibs recent history of bottling big games (Hamilton, last Rangers game, Falkirk). If they get Ranger, they've got no chance as their record against them is terrible over the last decade or so.

Whether they survive or not, it's been a diabolical season for them, to go from 2nd top to 2nd bottom is atrocious.

Edited by John_B81

I was reading skippy charged with violent conduct, so is due a 3 match ban. Club are in the process of appealing!

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

Good call I think loosing to hibs and having sevco in the championship next season would be tough but not impossible, look at hearts Phoenix from the flames campaign this season. Hibs could bottle it but without skippy we would struggle to beat a pub team, that's my fear going down without a fight.

Has McDonald been sent off already this season?

I don't think violent conduct is a 3 match ban in Scotland. Barry Robson got two games for his sending off for an elbow.

Yeh I thought it was a two match ban as well.

Interestingly we have only conceded 3 more goals than we did last season.

Its our total inability to score goals this season that has killed us. Take out the recent wins against Hamilton, St Mirren and Killie and its 26 goals scored in 34 games.

We dont have a hope in hell of staying up, losing skippy for the 1st leg of the play off game is bad enough, but our defence is utter rank, Hibs will wipe the floor with us if they beat Sevco. Sevco would beat us as Motherwell time and time again bottle it against them, our last win against them was boxing day 2001, heck we got beat with them so easily when they were in the 3rd division.

Tbh a think a season in the championship might be best thing for us, chance to rebuild and give youth a chance and think crowds would go up as we would be going for paly off spot or the league chamimpionship. We have saw Hearts, Hibs, Dundee and Dundee Utd's crowds all go up as they are winning more.

Tbh a think a season in the championship might be best thing for us, chance to rebuild and give youth a chance and think crowds would go up as we would be going for paly off spot or the league chamimpionship. We have saw Hearts, Hibs, Dundee and Dundee Utd's crowds all go up as they are winning more.

Do you think it will be that simple for you guys? No disrespect but these teams all have a bigger fanbase, therefore could get the money through the gate, and in the last three seasons, when Motherwell were best of the rest, their average attendance was little more than 5000, which shows you that they just don't have the same numbers (yes you took 15k to the 2011 Cup Final but that's general for most teams who reach a Cup Final, getting people to turn out for regular League games is a different matter).

Motherwell have suffered because they've lost a lot of their best players for nothing, or next to nothing - Randolph, Hutchison, Higdon, Sutton (first spell), Humphrey, Murphy, Law etc - and their target was to sell a player every season. Losing that quality and replacing them on a much lower budget has impacted them big time, therefore relegation will see an even lower quality coming into the club no better than most Championship teams.

If you go down, prepare yourself for a couple of seasons in the Championship because coming straight back up won't be a forgone conclusion.

Do you think it will be that simple for you guys? No disrespect but these teams all have a bigger fanbase, therefore could get the money through the gate, and in the last three seasons,

If you go down, prepare yourself for a couple of seasons in the Championship because coming straight back up won't be a forgone conclusion.

Is there a parachute payment when you get relegated from the SPFL ?

:blink:

Think motherwell may need to look at all eventualites. :!:

Is there a parachute payment when you get relegated from the SPFL ?

:blink:

Think motherwell may need to look at all eventualites. :!:

Yes there is.

Think its pretty decent actually?

LeS Hutchison did an interview with radio Clyde last week where he said we wouldnt need to cut our cloth at all...

http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile/sport/football/motherwell-owner-les-hutchison-wont-press-the-panic-button.125907210

Don't know what happens if we don't bounce back, which is a distinct possibility given Rangers or Hibs would be down with us, aswell as stmirren, QoTS, Falkirk.

Alan Gow comes across as a bit of a !

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-gow-tells-motherwells-stephen-5739851

I didn't actually think the Mcmanus challenge was that bad! He just clattered into him. It was unfortunate he was hurt, but didn't look as bad as its being made out in my eyes.

To add some balance, I was pleasantly surprised McDonalds red card was reduced to a yellow! While I've seen much worse (Lee mcculloch on adam cummins, not that I like to cast it up), he knew where the boy was and caught him in the face with a raised arm, that's a red card these days a lot of the time.

I didn't actually think the Mcmanus challenge was that bad! He just clattered into him.

It's the Motherwell way.

Is there any of your players that aren't dirty khunts?