Rangers . At It,? Or Got A Point? - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers . At It,? Or Got A Point?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone's talking about hibs not charging season ticket holders and getting away with it. What did Hamilton do?

We (Accies) charged for season ticket holders in the play-offs v Falkirk and Hibs last season.

Being honest, it never ever crossed anyone's mind that season tickets would be valid, there was just the assumption that they wouldn't be. If they're not valid for cup ties (as they haven't been for about 20 years) because gate money is split, they were never going to valid for the play-offs for the same reason.

Of course, now that a big club is involved, out comes the greeting claiming "its no' fair".

Rangers selling 15k tickets to non season ticket holders makes us much money as any other club. This is why splitting gates 50/50 will never work as its biased away from teams who have managed to build up a more substantional support base, by whatever means, than the 40 other teams,

We (Accies) charged for season ticket holders in the play-offs v Falkirk and Hibs last season.

Being honest, it never ever crossed anyone's mind that season tickets would be valid, there was just the assumption that they wouldn't be. If they're not valid for cup ties (as they haven't been for about 20 years) because gate money is split, they were never going to valid for the play-offs for the same reason.

Of course, now that a big club is involved, out comes the greeting claiming "its no' fair".

If a company chooses to let their season ticket holders in to watch their club for free then that should be their decision.

The contentious point is should the SPFL demand the equivelant amount of money that would have been raised from those tickets? I think they should, but after letting hibs away with it last year they should let teams away with it this year and change the rules so there is no loophole nextyear.

Rangers selling 15k tickets to non season ticket holders makes us much money as any other club. This is why splitting gates 50/50 will never work as its biased away from teams who have managed to build up a more substantional support base, by whatever means, than the 40 other teams,

It's not biased at all. It is the complete opposite of being biased.

You see ideally the best league would see all gate receipts shared so that all clubs benefited from shared revenues. Arguably this could produce the most competitive and exciting leagues. We would then properly see who the best managers were and the fans might get a far superior product.

You see ideally the best league would see all gate receipts shared so that all clubs benefited from shared revenues. Arguably this could produce the most competitive and exciting leagues. We would then properly see who the best managers were and the fans might get a far superior product.

Aye but they're the Rangers. What would've been the point of hating Catholics if not to build up a large fanbase and exert their financial superiority over everyone?

Yet inside you're crying, what a brave wee soldier you are.

I'd have thought that by now you'd know i'm not someone who submits to your sad internet bullying :lol:

Writes the boy with a bullying signature.

A factual statement. No bullying. That's simply not in my nature :)

If KF wants to admit he was out of order and acted like a whank then i'll happily remove my signature.

A factual statement. No bullying. That's simply not in my nature :)

If KF wants to admit he was out of order and acted like a whank then i'll happily remove my signature.

So you're bullying him, it isn't big and it isn't clever though I'm sure a big boy like you knows that.

So you're bullying him, it isn't big and it isn't clever though I'm sure a big boy like you knows that.

Not bullying him. Simply reminding him of his actions.

Anyway, this exchange is beyond tedious. I'm out.