Aviva Stadium - How Many Scots In Atttendance - Page 2 - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aviva Stadium - How Many Scots In Atttendance

sections 501 and 502 hold aprox 1400

travel cluc section aprox 3150

sfa hospitality and sponsors aprox 1000

abbey 4 sections aprox 1800

thg aprox 600

plus whatever are scattered through rest of ground think the guys saying 10k-12- wont be far wrong

There is no way the SFA hospitality and sponsors will be anywhere near 1000.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they wont tell us will they , from what I am aware all clubs get so many tickets, the sfa ,sponsors corporate, wives and girlfriends and families + hanger ons. also if you take full squad plus backroom staff and player tickets for them should be in region at least 6 each so that alone would be two hundred.i believe they have 127 128 129 sections, perhaps im wrong maybe someone with clout with ssc sfa would give us an idea if these figures are wrong cheers.

Edited by washboarder

so they give comps in away section while paying members on three points canny get a ticket its just no cricket. No one loves a comp ticket more than me but when we are oversubscribed I think common sense should prevail. ps I am not on three point so its not a personal grievance I have

they wont tell us will they , from what I am aware all clubs get so many tickets, the sfa ,sponsors corporate, wives and girlfriends and families + hanger ons. also if you take full squad plus backroom staff and player tickets for them should be in region at least 6 each so that alone would be two hundred.i believe they have 127 128 129 sections, perhaps im wrong maybe someone with clout with ssc sfa would give us an idea if these figures are wrong cheers.

38.02 of the UEFA regulations say:

Host associations must make at least 5% of the total capacity of their stadium available exclusively to visiting supporters, in a segregated, safe area. In addition visiting associations are entitled to purchase up to 200 top-category tickets (unless otherwise agreed between the two associations in question) for their VIP supporters, sponsors, etc.

I have never had a comp ticket for an away Scotland game but I know a few people that have and they have always been in the normal away section.

Edited by tartanpar

cheers tartanpar for clarifying above. can anyone confirm that Scotland have been allocated section 127-129 as these sections did not seem to be on sale for the polish game maybe gtr can confirm if away fans were allocated those sections for previous games cheers again lads

38.02 of the UEFA regulations say:

Host associations must make at least 5% of the total capacity of their stadium available exclusively to visiting supporters, in a segregated, safe area. In addition visiting associations are entitled to purchase up to 200 top-category tickets (unless otherwise agreed between the two associations in question) for their VIP supporters, sponsors, etc.

I have never had a comp ticket for an away Scotland game but I know a few people that have and they have always been in the normal away section.

It depends who we play. Some comps are in with the normal away section, but I know of lots of games where they have been in the posh seats.

No chance.

Thats what you said about the Gibraltar attendance whjen people were quoting 30k+ and you were wrong.

I think washboarder will be about right except for the amount he has estmated for SFA sponsors. I have spoken to THG and Abbey and they have said its 99% Scotland fans in both. 501 and 502 are virtually all Scotland fans plus our official allocation. Plus I am running two buses and I know plenty who are travelling on that have had to buy tickets elsewhere in the ground so 10k+ is more than realistic.

Thats what you said about the Gibraltar attendance whjen people were quoting 30k+ and you were wrong.

I think washboarder will be about right except for the amount he has estmated for SFA sponsors. I have spoken to THG and Abbey and they have said its 99% Scotland fans in both. 501 and 502 are virtually all Scotland fans plus our official allocation. Plus I am running two buses and I know plenty who are travelling on that have had to buy tickets elsewhere in the ground so 10k+ is more than realistic.

I totally agree that it is not unrealistic to expect 10k+ of us in the Aviva Stadium. The way things look to be it could well be 12k - there will be more travelling too and may pick up tickets on the day.

I would be interested to know why Washboarder thinks there is 'no chance' of this attendance being the case? Everything indicates that it will be 10k+. Do you think there will be 5k for example?

sections 501 and 502 hold aprox 1400

travel cluc section aprox 3150

sfa hospitality and sponsors aprox 1000

abbey 4 sections aprox 1800

thg aprox 600

plus whatever are scattered through rest of ground think the guys saying 10k-12- wont be far wrong

That's roughly the figures I was thinking of Tartanpar ( less so many in the comp section) and its not far off 8k and that's not counting people who pick up other tickets throughout the stadium.

Naw. That's when folk were quoting 40k plus.

I was talking about the figures quoted in hospitality.

There will be about 8-10k in ground but hospitality ones are an overestimate imo.

The sponsors tickets etc is pie in the sky stuff too.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

Naw. That's when folk were quoting 40k plus.

I was talking about the figures quoted in hospitality.

There will be about 8-10k in ground but hospitality ones are an overestimate imo.

The sponsors tickets etc is pie in the sky stuff too.

The hospitality isn't an overestimate though as it has been confirmed by both companies.

It depends who we play. Some comps are in with the normal away section, but I know of lots of games where they have been in the posh seats.

There were sponsor tickets handed back to SSC for the Germany game which were sold over the phone on a 'who called and asked basis'. They were for seats on the half way line and not in with the away section. I would like to think 10,000 is not too far away with a good few more in the pubs of Dublin.

selling very well by all accounts and the presale offer hasn't even been opened to independent season ticket holders ( which again the FAI in their wisdom continue to shaft )

doubt there will be a general sale

Edited by Newryrep