You're First Scotland Match. What Age We You And What Was The Score - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

You're First Scotland Match. What Age We You And What Was The Score

Robroysboy

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a late starter, my first match was a 0-0 draw with Croatia in September 2001. Billy Dodds had a goal disallowed.

I was 20.

Same day England beat Germany 5-1. Went to the game with with my wife-to-be and she head butted a lamppost in frustration after we left McChuills and she'd been subjected to some Michael Owen themed triumphalism by some English students. Kent she wis a keeper then.

Same day England beat Germany 5-1. Went to the game with with my wife-to-be and she head butted a lamppost in frustration after we left McChuills and she'd been subjected to some Michael Owen themed triumphalism by some English students. Kent she wis a keeper then.

Yeah, I'm sure Jancker had just opened the scoring by the time we got back to Edinburgh then we sat in a boozer and watched the rest of the game before hitting the Subway West End. :cheers3:

I was 19 and my first game was Sweden at Ibrox in November 96 where Jim Leighton (with a little help from John McGinlay) beat them 1-0

Scotland 1-0 Sweden

It was the mid nineties and Jim Leighton had an absolute blinder for us that day

Ibrox Nov 1996 Scotland 1 sweden 0 John McGinley scored after 8 mins i was 9 years old

Me too I was 7

100th meeting or 100 years from the first meeting I think?

Ah right, that makes sense. Whenever I hear the words "centenary international" it brings back even worse memories of Willie Ormonds first game in charge. A 5-0 humping at Hampden.

aged 15,played truant with alan denny, got stopped by police on way to train station, only got to carry on because alans dad was a police inspector, went to Scotland v Czech, 2-1 world cup qualifier in 1973, still got programme, signed at later date by Kenny dalglish, never experienced an atmosphere like ever again, prob won't again, hampden roar gone now.

aged 15,played truant with alan denny, got stopped by police on way to train station, only got to carry on because alans dad was a police inspector, went to Scotland v Czech, 2-1 world cup qualifier in 1973, still got programme, signed at later date by Kenny dalglish, never experienced an atmosphere like ever again, prob won't again, hampden roar gone now.

respect :ok: