Dundee Will Beat United Tonight - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Dundee Will Beat United Tonight

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He has to go at the end of the season, your collapse has been absolute.

Two semi finals, made a good bit of money, but the season will be remembered for two sales and the subsequent failings.

A final, a quarter final replay v Celtic and a league challenge lingering into January and then gone, like shit aff a shovel.

I knew it was a bad idea - Thompson should've know too. It wasn't down to the players that left either, it was the message to the fans and the ones that stayed. Inexcusable.

Edited by adamntg

I find it completely impossible to feel sorry for any Arabs.......but I'm a St. Mirren fan.

Be thankful for small mercies I say. What happened to you in January has happened to us for as long as I can remember and that's a long time.

Dry yer eyes I say! Sorry.

Yes.

They must be playing it post split. Are Dundee Utd guaranteed top 6?

No. United are 3 points ahead of Hamilton with 2 games in hand and a +10 goal difference advantage. United play Hamilton on Saturday then ICT and Aberdeen before the split. Given United's current form, it is quite possible we could lose to Hamilton by a couple of goals (level on points, 6 goal goal difference advantage) then it comed down to how many we lose to Aberdeen and ICT by. Edited by Ta Ta

I find it completely impossible to feel sorry for any Arabs.......but I'm a St. Mirren fan.

Be thankful for small mercies I say. What happened to you in January has happened to us for as long as I can remember and that's a long time.

That's bollocks. Nobody's paid money for a St Mirren player since 1963, let alone £7m in one season.

No. United are 3 points ahead of Hamilton with 2 games in hand and a +10 goal difference advantage. United play Hamilton on Saturday then ICT and Aberdeen before the split. Given United's current form, it is quite possible we could lose to Hamilton by a couple of goals (level on points, 6 goal goal difference advantage) then it comed down to how many we lose to Aberdeen and ICT by.

I noticed that, but Utd aren't that bad.

I guarantee you top six, it's a million to one for you not to get it.

We should make top 6 but only because our next game is against the only team in the top 11 whose form is worse than our own. We'll probably get a draw or a single goal defeat which will be enough to ensure we make top 6 with another 7 defeats to follow. :-(

No. United are 3 points ahead of Hamilton with 2 games in hand and a +10 goal difference advantage. United play Hamilton on Saturday then ICT and Aberdeen before the split. Given United's current form, it is quite possible we could lose to Hamilton by a couple of goals (level on points, 6 goal goal difference advantage) then it comed down to how many we lose to Aberdeen and ICT by.

This missing ICT v Dundee Utd game isn't in the fixture lists. When is it?

I figured they were going to play it after the split and haven't set a date yet.

This missing ICT v Dundee Utd game isn't in the fixture lists. When is it?

I figured they were going to play it after the split and haven't set a date yet.

Yes, I don't know why they haven't set a date for this game. If results go against us, it could be a fixture which decides who gets into the top 6 so it needs to be played before the split. Dundee play Celtic on the 22nd which is presumably only 3 days before the post split fixtures and is another fixture that may affect who gets in the top 6.

SPFL will be hoping Hamilton lose to United on Saturday or it is going to get messy!

St Johnstone play Dundee so don't think both can overtake Dundee Utd before the split.

The spfl have got very lucky here. Think they took it for granted that Utd would be top 6 so left it till after split. If Dundee had beaten Caley at the weekend and st Johnstone beaten Ross county then it could have been a big mess with the split and fixtures.

Kumnio, very gracious of you, but Utd at the moment are woeful. Their play just now is relegation standard. without the string of dubious penalties we have had it would be even worse too.

A final, a quarter final replay v Celtic and a league challenge lingering into January and then gone, like shit aff a shovel.

I knew it was a bad idea - Thompson should've know too. It wasn't down to the players that left either, it was the message to the fans and the ones that stayed. Inexcusable.

agreed. But even with the players that are left we should not be getting the results or seeing the poor level of play that we have been seeing. there is a major problem at the moment with the on field stuff alone - and that lies at mcnamaras door, despite any of the off field stuff.

the team pick at times and some of the decisions re subs etc is baffling. Anier has shown nothing as yet and our defence looks worse than ever. and JMac and his assistants just dont seem to know what to do about it.

This is all very true Marky but given the players we still have at Tannadice the results and performances are not acceptable.

It's difficult when a team goes into freefall.....confidence is shot, nothing goes right, fans get on the player's backs. I've seen it with Aberdeen quite a few times.

It didn't help United that they lost their 2 best players and then effectively had a month of playing only Celtic. Now there's very little to play for, and it'll be hard to raise their game for the last 7 matches.

Kumnio, very gracious of you, but Utd at the moment are woeful. Their play just now is relegation standard. without the string of dubious penalties we have had it would be even worse too.

Have the penalties actually got us anything?

A replay against Celtic which we lost. Consolations against Ross County and Dundee. Relegation form is being kind, it is Dumbarton 1996-98 form. We need to turn it round before the end of the year or we will really struggle at the start of next season. And the answer isn't spending money.

Have the penalties actually got us anything?

A replay against Celtic which we lost. Consolations against Ross County and Dundee. Relegation form is being kind, it is Dumbarton 1996-98 form. We need to turn it round before the end of the year or we will really struggle at the start of next season. And the answer isn't spending money.

no exactly thats the point I was making. Even with the penalties - the only way we have looked likely to score - we have got nothing.

agreed - its more than just money - as mentioend with the players we still have this run of results is not acceptable.

St Johnstone play Dundee so don't think both can overtake Dundee Utd before the split.

The spfl have got very lucky here. Think they took it for granted that Utd would be top 6 so left it till after split. If Dundee had beaten Caley at the weekend and st Johnstone beaten Ross county then it could have been a big mess with the split and fixtures.

Dundee have 2 games to play though. Unless I am mistaken, if we lose our 3 games and Dundee draw against St J and Celtic then Hamilton, United, Dundee and St J could all end up on 46 points!

Dundee v Celtic isn't being played until the Wednesday before the first post-split weekend. Presumaby United v ICT will also be that week.

I think it can only be decided this weekend if United beat Hamilton or it's a draw and Dundee get the same or better result at St J.

Dundee have 2 games to play though. Unless I am mistaken, if we lose our 3 games and Dundee draw against St J and Celtic then Hamilton, United, Dundee and St J could all end up on 46 points!

Dundee v Celtic isn't being played until the Wednesday before the first post-split weekend. Presumaby United v ICT will also be that week.

I think it can only be decided this weekend if United beat Hamilton or it's a draw and Dundee get the same or better result at St J.

No date has been set for the ICT v Dundee Utd game so doubt it will be that week. It is pretty late for it to be before the split now since it's not be announced.

One small mercy I'm thankful for is St Mirren letting us put 6 goals past them in the first half of the season - the main reason our goal difference is still respectable.