Budget - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Anyone got any idea how much of an impact the changes to O&G taxes will have?

Cuts in the Petroleum Revenue Tax from 50% to 35% and cut the supplementary charge from 30% to 20%. Additional funding for seismic surveys of little explored areas as well - presumably focussed on te West Coast.

I think this an indication of the level that those toffy nosed privileged elite are working at.

"The Chancellor announced a £1 million fund to commemorate the 600th anniversary of the Battle of Agincourt, which he said would be “well worth” the money to mark the moment in history when “a strong leader defeated an ill-judged alliance between the champion of a united Europe and a renegade force of Scottish nationalists.”

It drew an angry reaction from Angela Eagle, who tweeted: “Chancellor just spent £1 million on a naff contrived 'joke'”."

They really are a bunch of parasite scum.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/budget-2015-george-osbornes-three-jokes-that-cost-the-taxpayer-41-million-10117998.html

I think this an indication of the level that those toffy nosed privileged elite are working at.

"The Chancellor announced a £1 million fund to commemorate the 600th anniversary of the Battle of Agincourt, which he said would be “well worth” the money to mark the moment in history when “a strong leader defeated an ill-judged alliance between the champion of a united Europe and a renegade force of Scottish nationalists.”

It drew an angry reaction from Angela Eagle, who tweeted: “Chancellor just spent £1 million on a naff contrived 'joke'”."

They really are a bunch of parasite scum.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/budget-2015-george-osbornes-three-jokes-that-cost-the-taxpayer-41-million-10117998.html

Remind me who won the 100 Years War... ?

Celebrating Agincourt is a bit like celebrating one of the battles of the American War of Independence.

Anyone got any idea how much of an impact the changes to O&G taxes will have?

Cuts in the Petroleum Revenue Tax from 50% to 35% and cut the supplementary charge from 30% to 20%. Additional funding for seismic surveys of little explored areas as well - presumably focussed on te West Coast.

It was Gideon who raised the supplementary charge from 20% to 30% in 2012. These changes will help but not the radical overhaul the sector needs.

Remind me who won the 100 Years War... ?

Celebrating Agincourt is a bit like celebrating one of the battles of the American War of Independence.

Nae idea who won. I'm guessing the folk who started it didn't live long enough to find out either?

This is one of the benefits of the union. We let them spend £1,000,000 of our money celebrating an English battle. And he only did it to have a wee laugh at Milliband. But then again a million pounds is just chicken feed to these aristocratic parasitic kunts.

Scotland weren't involved in the battle of Agincourt.

Scots were involved in Agincourt possibly not under official sanction but certainly in the "companies",in that period of the campaign.In fact Scots were involved right throughout the period of the hundred years war ,but not in the thousands that became the norm after 1419. Chroniclers on Poitiers in 1356 for example list several Scots noblemen as casualties and survivors for ransom.Read swords for hire by James Miller

We wont get a choice as regards spending 1 million but i'm certainly all for the commemoration as part of our French allies.Lets make sure Osborne little racist taunt backfires nicely and he is forced to learn actual history for a change.I think 50 Scottish M.P.s dressed in French 15th century military attire come October should do the trick.Scotland we hope will by then be celebrating Bauge and the 15,000 wine bibbers in 2021.

Edited by Wine bibber

Nae idea who won. I'm guessing the folk who started it didn't live long enough to find out either?

This is one of the benefits of the union. We let them spend £1,000,000 of our money celebrating an English battle. And he only did it to have a wee laugh at Milliband. But then again a million pounds is just chicken feed to these aristocratic parasitic kunts.

Has Gideon sent the £1m bill to the Scottish Parliament then ?

Having been pretty low key about Bannockburn 2014, perhaps the Scottish Government should now spend a fortune celebrating the 700th anniversary of the Scottish invasion of Ireland? ;)

Maybe we should rebuild Arbroath abbey in time for 2020, using some of that money that the folk south of the border give us in subsides?

Maybe we should rebuild Arbroath abbey in time for 2020, using some of that money that the folk south of the border give us in subsides?

Its kind of beautiful the way it is though.