The Behavior Of Our National Team Captain - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Behavior Of Our National Team Captain

When my team (FC Sochaux) was in top division, we had a lot of young guys who used to eat kebabs a few times a week. In fact they were often seen in a kebab shop.

I don't think this eating/drinking problem only affects Scotland. And i don't speak about smoking drugs...

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't actually mind him doing anything of note tbh, positive or negative. Easy day for him.

certainly not motm, but Yer right, it's difficult to pick anyone that really stood out.

Nothing negative? Obvious penalty given away and only saved by the officials cataracts?

Apparently GS told a hack to "get a life" earlier when asked about Brown's behaviour.

With all respect he had to didn't he?

I have little doubt he'll take Broon aside and have a word in his ear about his conduct and that will be that. This by no means makes his conduct okay or acceptable. After all look at the reaction on here over the Boozegate Scandal. For me this is just the same - a player going out blootered when he should be looking after his body. I don't give a crap if he wasn't on Scotland duty as the fact that he was spotted doing it at all proves he does get blootered and whatsmore he was mentioned as playing a part in the Boozegate thing as well. Sorry I see a worrying pattern there.

Just to add I really admire Broon but sorry but what he has done is not what I want to see from a Scotland captain. I am also a great fan of Gordon Strachan but because he lays into the media about it is merely him putting the wagons in a circle so to speak.

With all respect he had to didn't he?

I have little doubt he'll take Broon aside and have a word in his ear about his conduct and that will be that. This by no means makes his conduct okay or acceptable. After all look at the reaction on here over the Boozegate Scandal. For me this is just the same - a player going out blootered when he should be looking after his body. I don't give a crap if he wasn't on Scotland duty as the fact that he was spotted doing it at all proves he does get blootered and whatsmore he was mentioned as playing a part in the Boozegate thing as well. Sorry I see a worrying pattern there.

Just to add I really admire Broon but sorry but what he has done is not what I want to see from a Scotland captain. I am also a great fan of Gordon Strachan but because he lays into the media about it is merely him putting the wagons in a circle so to speak.

Pattern?

they were 5 years apart FFS :-))

That was my thinking too :lol:

Pattern?

they were 5 years apart FFS :-))

Yes those are the ones we know about. You are both terribly naive if you think the media are ALWAYS on the spot when Broony is getting blootered. Put it another way it is two times more than say Darren Fletcher has been caught. And lets remember he wasn't just tipsy he was blootered slumped in the streets so does he not know when to say enough is enough? Also the other day a Hibs fan was on here saying it was commonplace to see him out on the town in his Hibs days. NOW do you see the pattern?

our 74 squad were all drinkers - but they were good. The press nailed some of the drinking and possibly altered team selection and that hurt us. Feck them - 4 days before a cup final? What's the problem? Anyone seen these press guys in full flow with their expense accounts.

our 74 squad were all drinkers - but they were good. The press nailed some of the drinking and possibly altered team selection and that hurt us. Feck them - 4 days before a cup final? What's the problem? Anyone seen these press guys in full flow with their expense accounts.

I don't give a toss if it had been in close season it is the matter of being caught in that state is shameful. And as I recall it attitudes to drink in 1974 was much more different - a bit like smoking. Most people did it but never really took into account what it does to your body. Nowadays people are more aware of it and I would have hoped the captain of the national football team was one of them but obviously not.

Don't think anyone is trying to.

Well I see people coming out in his defence and rounding on people criticising him - that seems like supporting what he did to me.

This thread probably would have died a death if people were more truthful and agree that it was an embarrassment seeing ANYONE in that state let alone the national team captain and totally unprofessional.

Really?

How many times have we seen world class footballers in the Scott Broon pose? Never saw Pele, Cruyff, Messi, Ronaldo etc etc in that state? Why?

Ronaldo

image.jpg

Messi

image.jpg

For the 'it's on YouTube or it never happened' brigade

Pirlo

Really?

How many times have we seen world class footballers in the Scott Broon pose? Never saw Pele, Cruyff, Messi, Ronaldo etc etc in that state? Why?

You are calling folk naive then ten minutes later coming out with this pish? All of the above were/are boozers and cruyff was well known for smoking like a chimney.

If you had bothered to read my comments within this thread you will see I said he was an idiot for getting in that shape. It was also me that mentioned him getting smashed all the time whilst a Hibs player. (In not a Hibs fan btw)That was even further back than Boozegate so no, I don't see this pattern you keep going on about.

Forgive me that I don't want him hung for having one night out when He had two days off.

You are calling folk naive then ten minutes later coming out with this pish? All of the above were/are boozers and cruyff was well known for smoking like a chimney.

If you had bothered to read my comments within this thread you will see I said he was an idiot for getting in that shape. It was also me that mentioned him getting smashed all the time whilst a Hibs player. (In not a Hibs fan btw)That was even further back than Boozegate so no, I don't see this pattern you keep going on about.

Forgive me that I don't want him hung for having one night out when He had two days off.

Who said anything about wanting him hung?

It is just a fckin shocking embarrassment to see our national team captain too pissed to stand up. If people aren't too fussed or don't think that merits any sort of criticism or him being slated without defence then that seems people don't mind what he done to any great degree. And like I said earlier he has been caught twice by the media so are you suggesting that is the only time he has got in that state in his life? Considering that alcohol is a drug then I'd say it is highly unlikely. Am I over-reacting? Perhaps but only because of seeing him in that state shoots away his credibility and respect he may have built up and what message does it send out to the rest of the squad? Okay people will say so what it is only a wee drink well in Broon's case it was far more than that but the point is booze and supreme physical conditioning do not mix.

It is just a fckin shocking embarrassment to see our national team captain too pissed to stand up. If people aren't too fussed or don't think that merits any sort of criticism or him being slated without defence then that seems people don't mind what he done to any great degree. And like I said earlier he has been caught twice by the media so are you suggesting that is the only time he has got in that state in his life? Considering that alcohol is a drug then I'd say it is highly unlikely. Am I over-reacting? Perhaps but only because of seeing him in that state shoots away his credibility and respect he may have built up and what message does it send out to the rest of the squad? Okay people will say so what it is only a wee drink well in Broon's case it was far more than that but the point is booze and supreme physical conditioning do not mix.

You got all that from 4 pictures in The Sun?

I have said it merits criticism. I'm just not going totally over the top about it like you and many others have. He made a total khhunt of himself and looked like a jakey. The rest of the squad won't give a toss, most of them will like a drink themselves.

You are now getting your knickers in a knot over what he may and may not be doing. As I've said I know that he used to get pissed regularly. That was 8 years ago though. I don't know what his habits are now and neither do you.

I do know he is playing the best fitba of his career just now I also know that he generally looks like one of the fittest guys on the park.

Believe me, at Club level I want him to fail at every turn. He seems to be strolling through games just now though so whatever he is doing, isn't doing him a lot of harm.

Edited by Angus_Young

You got all that from 4 pictures in The Sun?

Pics don't lie. Sorry but they were damning photos.

Perhaps the reason I am so het up is my pet hate is seeing people who don't know when to stop when drinking and getting themselves into a state. Broon was that going by those graphic photos and it blows up the feeling of respect and admiration you once had for the national team captain. There was the Boozegate thing a few years ago and I was willing to let that pass as media gossip etc but this now seems to back up the Boozegate thing.

Fine if people here want to defend seeing their national team captain in that state but it looks neither professional or smart.