House Of Cards Season 3 - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

House Of Cards Season 3

It's been poor.

It's also called a "series" not a "season", have a word with yourselves.

Just going by the official terminology given to it. If it were a UK production, I suspect it would be called series and I would use that, but it's not, so I won't. Now away a catch yersel' a cab.

Just going by the official terminology given to it. If it were a UK production, I suspect it would be called series and I would use that, but it's not, so I won't. Now away a catch yersel' a cab.

I look forward to you calling for fitbaw players to be given "a kick from the penalty mark" after being fouled within the "penalty area" and for the player who commits the foul to be sanctioned with a "caution".

It's the official terminology after all ;)

I look forward to you calling for fitbaw players to be given "a kick from the penalty mark" after being fouled within the "penalty area" and for the player who commits the foul to be sanctioned with a "caution".

It's actually a "penalty kick".

"Kicks from the penalty mark" are a method of determining a winner

I'm ridiculed by mates at football, rightly so, for telling the ref to issue a "ticket" - where most would shout "that's a yellow".

Anyway, I thought it was "penalty spot"?

It's actually a "penalty kick".

"Kicks from the penalty mark" are a method of determining a winner

Do you have a fecking "ref alarm" or something? :lol: Shut up the noo! I'm trying to win a pointless argument on the TAMB. This is important!!

What category you at just now?

Do people still say "shy" and "bye line" or has that gone the way of the assistant referee

What on earth other names are there for them?

On the same theme, sort of....

What about "slide rule pass".

Even for me, it's been decades since I had to use a slide rule. But what a magnificent mathematical instrument it was.

And it must be years since we used "onion bags" as goalnets.

• 11 months later...

finished it last night, watched the last 5 in a row, much better than series 3.  Excellent.  Robin Wright is excellent the whole way through and Spacey is really developing the monstering of Underwood, his acting was superb throughout.

1 minute ago, giblet said:

much better than series 3

Just what i wanted to hear! After the first 2 series being excellent, i was really disappointed in the third. 

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

Just what i wanted to hear! After the first 2 series being excellent, i was really disappointed in the third. 

I think because what you are seeing in the US with Trump, it makes this a lot more believable which helps a lot.  

I've watched the first 5 episodes too and it has been really good.  Much better than Series 3 though I am missing some of the folk killed off over the past few series.

I only recently found out that Robin Wright played Buttercup in The Princess Bride. Now I fancy her even more.

On episode 4 of new series. Much better than series 3 and was saying to the wife that this is basically Macbeth. 

None of it appears far fetched given what is happening in USA just now.

Frank goes a bit Antony Hopkins as Hannibal Lector when he speaking. 

And why why does he wear t shirt under his shirt?